Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Depression Issue
Pretty much my life in a nutshell right now is that my mom has stage four cancer, I'm an 18 y/o who doesn't know how to pay for college because I don't qualify for financial aid yet my dad wont give me any money, my dad and I get into fights everyday (one of which he almost got "physical"), and my friends (most, not all) have been getting angry at me because I vent too much, so I've learned to not go to anyone who I am close to for emotional support anymore.

With that aside, one of the things that has been getting me down almost worse than what I just stated (besides my mom having cancer) is that, for as long as I can remember, I've essentially have lived in my head. What I mean is that I would spend hours (even a day at some points) thinking up story ideas... I know this is gonna make me sound like a psycho, but I get depressed knowing I will never lead the amazing adventures I like to run characters in my head through, and that I will never be as extraordinary or as important as these imaginary figures I make up. Also, I am sorry if I come off as a whiner (especially in that first paragraph, just wanted to put in perspective how much not living out my stories bugs me). Any advice?
That's quite a combination of things we've got going on there. First of all, welcome to Support Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. It truly is a terrible condition. If you believe you should go through college, you're going to have to pay for yourself. I don't know if you currently do, but if you don't, get a job and save save save! Put plenty of money aside. One year later you should have enough to get into college, if you work hard enough.

As for your crazy mind, that's an amazing thing. Once you get into college and have a stable foundation in life, you can start to make use of how uniquely your brain works. Use your brain to figure out how you can express these stories. Whether it be blogging or writing stories, think of something. It'll also help you vent - people will respect you for your amazing mind, you won't have to feel so depressed that you 'can't act them out' - because if you tell people about them, you virtually will be. If that makes any sense.

That's what I'd do if I was in your situation, given the information you've provided.
Thank you, you literally brought a tear to my eye Smile I am currently working a security job at a section 8 apartment complex and I will one day get my degree in computer science (probably using the method you just stated). I guess the one thing that has been getting to me has just been the stress of dealing with all these things at once and feeling rejected by some of the people I care about (dad, friends).
(12-27-2011, 03:48 AM)ryhurst Wrote: Thank you, you literally brought a tear to my eye Smile I am currently working a security job at a section 8 apartment complex and I will one day get my degree in computer science (probably using the method you just stated). I guess the one thing that has been getting to me has just been the stress of dealing with all these things at once and feeling rejected by some of the people I care about (dad, friends).

Be strong mate. Put all that crap behind you. Focus on the things that are important to your life. Work hard now, and you will succeed in the future.
You should join the military, It is a good solution for people that are in a rough spot in life.

Also, If you wanted to go to college, The Army wants 5 years from you and they will pay for your College.
You should join the military, It is a good solution for people that are in a rough spot in life.

Also, If you wanted to go to college, The Army wants 5 years from you and they will pay for your College.

My page wasn't loading so I clicked Post reply like 5 times.

Can someone delete it?
I am truly sorry about your mom, and I hope she gets better. As for the dad issue, stay with a friend (if he will let you).

And about the last part, just make life what you want it to be, you may not be able to have those crazy adventures that are in your mind, but you sure as hell can still have fun! I suggest just thinking about all the stuff there is to do! This is really an amazing world with all the possibilities it has.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artist depression artgirl2015 1 1,450 08-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Jolie777
  Lack of hackforums causing me depression. wills 1 620 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Callum
  [ Tutorial ] Helping someone with their depression + symptoms Clark 3 1,168 02-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Clark
  Grades are making my anxiety and depression worse Love 0 617 11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Love
  Really low self-esteem/depression. david563 0 647 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Last Post: david563