Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it smart to make a similar website niche to someone else?
(12-24-2011, 04:37 PM)King Wrote: There's hope for your site regardless of your competition. You just need to work to make your site better than your competitions.

Agree with this man. You have to ask yourself 'how is my forum better than this one'. Or 'how can I make it better?' If you can make it better you're heading in the right direction. However they already have a massive head start with 60k+ registered users who I assume are active.
Basically, there's no point doing something someone else who's successful has done, if all you want is success also. Let me put it this way. John starts a food blog and makes a million dollars. You think, well, if John can do that then I can too! But you're not as passionate about the subject of food as John is. You will never be able to become successful doing something you don't like.
You would need to start off with a bunch of people.
As you've said, it's obvious that it's possible, but likely? I honestly don't think so.
No harm in trying it out though.

(12-31-2011, 05:46 PM)King Wrote: Basically, there's no point doing something someone else who's successful has done, if all you want is success also. Let me put it this way. John starts a food blog and makes a million dollars. You think, well, if John can do that then I can too! But you're not as passionate about the subject of food as John is. You will never be able to become successful doing something you don't like.

That's not true, but you would need to have a jump start on it if you want your attempt to be successful.

Look at Google+ and Facebook now.
In my opinion barely, it depends. Simply because if you try to clone or use the same idea as things like Tumblr and Google+ maybe even SupportForums. The main users of this type of service will stick to what they know, most will not venture out to try to find a similar service that works the same, yet is not as established as the main site.
(01-06-2012, 11:45 AM)Quizzical Wrote: In my opinion barely, it depends. Simply because if you try to clone or use the same idea as things like Tumblr and Google+ maybe even SupportForums. The main users of this type of service will stick to what they know, most will not venture out to try to find a similar service that works the same, yet is not as established as the main site.

The mentality that people have with things like this most commonly as well would be "If they are both the same or similar, but one has been around longer and is a lot bigger of a site, why don't I just stick with the bigger community?"

So you have to step outside of the box and try new things that your competition is not doing to get an advantage almost.
There were other Social Network Sites and Facebook kicked their asses. The thing is that you've to make it unique and provide more resources

[url=http://myurl.pk/BLgzA][/url]
(01-06-2012, 09:32 PM)Clones Wrote: There were other Social Network Sites and Facebook kicked their asses. The thing is that you've to make it unique and provide more resources

Quote:The thing is that you've to make it unique and provide more resources

That's what I mentioned here:
Quote:So you have to step outside of the box and try new things that your competition is not doing to get an advantage almost.
Wait. If you are unique, then you will get members. Right?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [tut] I Want to Make a Website, but, I don't know What to Do Grizzly 2 1,504 04-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Last Post: cracker007
  Picking A Blog Niche King 0 537 02-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Last Post: King
  How to Make a Directory and Database Backup of Your Website Peter L 6 1,384 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Something similar, but cleaner Miku 3 943 11-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  A way for your website to be successful WEBSITE TRAFFIC!! utubeboosterr 2 2,052 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Relapse