Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel like a loser
You are only half way through your life you have plenty of time left to proove yourself in life!
You should stride for your goals.

Create some things to want to achieve in life.

Create a Business, Go to college, etc.
Sounds like your hitting a mid-life crisis.
Go out, drink a lot of alchohol, take some drugs. You will feel better.
(12-22-2011, 08:19 PM)ackstua Wrote: I feel like a failure in life. I'm in my 40's already and I thought my life would turn out much differently than it has. I have no kids and just recently got married. I don't have any big career, though I do have a steady job. I still rent an apartment, I've never owned real estate. I have gained quite a bit of weight over the past 10 or so years, even though I do exercise 3x a week. I feel like I should have accomplished more in life by now. True I haven't totally effed it up by ever going to jail or anything like that, however I feel like I just haven't done much. Even other people I grew up with who weren't that smart, they seem to have normal lives with families, nice houses, good careers. I just feel so mediocre. OK well thanks for reading this.

My friend, just be nice to other people and make them happy. This world needs nice (and I don't mean appearance-wise) people. If you're one of them, be proud of yourself and spread the happiness.

You'll feel happy because of making other people happy.

Victoire

Thanks again, everyone, sorry I haven't been back on this thread since. I had another birthday so now I feel even worse about another year passing. TalishHF, in a way that sounds good, in a way that might not turn out too good.;) Tomynho, it's funny but I feel like I've been nice, and now I'm at the point where I'm tired of being nice to other people...some people don't even recognize that. I mean, I don't do kind things for recognition, but when I reach out to someone in kindness, of course I want to know that it means something to that person, or I'll feel kind of like an butthead. But you are right, just try to make other people happy and concentrate on that. Viruz, thanks for pointing that out! It's just that facing the idea of possibly not having children ever, that makes me wonder about the purpose of the rest of my life. King, I've been searching for something that I want to do with my life. Everything seems to be more complicated, of course. Xuanson, thanks for the kind words, but sometimes I feel like I've lost the will to achieve. I'd love to get it back. Things are so different when you're young, you still have the energy, mentally and physically, to pursue goals. It's different after you have a few years on you. Not impossible, but different. Skorch, thanks - it sounds like you understand perfectly. Juicy Booty, not sure that would help me but thanks for the suggestion anyway. Epeolatry, good luck pursuing your career in electronic engineering, I wish you much success. Crystal, thanks for the kind words. You too, Ƨhadow, Rain and Virus1x. You're all good people.

I do have to admit I looked at your ages...and then I felt like even more of a loser. LOL.;)
Ackstua, what you need is some motivation.
Go out and search for a course you enjoy, when you have enroll yourself and get moving.
You aren't getting any younger and age isn't a game.
I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody.

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody.
Don't worry about it. You should be happy about yourself just the way you are. My uncle, for example is his mid-late forty's. During his time in University, he received 2 degrees (forget which two now) and was by far the smartest of his siblings. At the moment, he is not in a relationship, no kids, and has a job at a catering company. Now everyone including he knows he could have been much more successful job wise, perhaps leading to other things but he insists on living life the way he wants it. Be happy with yourself no matter what. Everyone has at least a little pride in their lives.
Secrets, I don't appreciate your last sentence - how is that the least bit positive or constructive? Why would you even post something like that to someone? Just wondering.

Thank you, pondersaizi, and thank you very much §ynHax™, I appreciate your kind words.
You can do whatever you put your mind to. People achieve great things no matter how old or young they are.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel horrible :(( Treblez 1 673 06-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Callum
  Stuck being a midlife loser, please HELP daysowork 4 829 05-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Clark
  I feel as if I have let my dad down... Vaibs 1 738 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Dragon45
  Feel Bored of life and everything it has to offer Nitemare 8 1,767 08-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Clark
  Talking about how i feel NDR1987 1 724 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Chuggaism