Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VB.Net or Python
Everyone is saying Python and I really can't choose because I haven't tried Python. All I use is Visual basic. It was my first language and still is. I love it because I can create lots of cool things but I'm sure you can do that in Python but it all seems to advanced. Have in mind that I'm not professional when it comes to making big projects with Visual Basic. I could most likely do it but I only use Visual Basic for fun stuff and when I'm bored. And Python just doesn't seem like it would do that and it could be It seems hard and truth be told I think I'm just lazy. After all, I haven't even tried Python but still. I can use Visual Basic with such ease and I think even a dog could use it.(sarcasm but still showing how much I enjoy VB)
[Image: ouwg0slq0vtagvzl4u8w.jpg]

Giveaway of the Day: [Image: ticker1.png]
I agree with you!
Thanks for all these replys guys they have really helped me. I may continue learning some more into vb.net and then go all the way with python, i would like to learn a bit more into VB.Net becuase from what you guys have said python is really good and i would probably get stuck with it and not bother learning Vb.net any more.

Also, would someone be able to link to a tutorial on how to make a program that does this.

Has 5 buttons, a Exit, Calculate Calories, Calculate Excersise, Total Loss and Gain, Clear today.

Now for Exit i obviously want it to exit ( lol )

For Calculate Calories i would like it to come up with a new box with 2 labes and a text box, now one label will say food, and the other Calories, When people enter a number in this box i would like it to copy that to a .txt with a name of calories.

for Calculate Excersise i want it to do the same thing, just make what is entered in the second text box to go to Excercise.txt.

When Total Loss and Gain is clicked i would like it to dispaly a message box adding all the single inputs ( Each Calories entered ) from the textbox to get an overall value of the calories in taken in a day. And the same for the calories lost from the excersie. Now i want it to take the total from the excerise and the total from calories and minus excerise to show the overall intake after doing excersie.

If anyone can help me this it would be great, if possible could people post tuts or source codes of stuff like this for both languages so i could compare the two.

Thanks guys.