Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advice For Becoming A Good Programmer
(01-04-2012, 04:08 PM)Yellows Wrote:

I suppose so, yes.

Being famous for me wouldn't be too bad.
If I were famous, I really wouldn't care about not having privacy, I really wouldn't care to always have that picture perfect look or image as well.

Though, if I ever become famous, I'm sure I'll take these words back.

I'm sure it's all fine and good until you get hit with something by the media, yes Smile

But it's the same with programming, it can be overwhelming if you can't learn to cope with that difficulty.
This is a good advice thread, a lot of stuff in here to help me start becoming a better programmer.
Thanks bro.

<3
Very nice advice you gave. Reading tutorials works wonders too!
(01-04-2012, 05:52 PM)Die Wrote: This is a good advice thread, a lot of stuff in here to help me start becoming a better programmer.
Thanks bro.

<3

Thanks, I hope you appreciate these, they will help you get to be a better programmer I can tell you.

(01-04-2012, 05:53 PM)PuertoRican Wrote: Very nice advice you gave. Reading tutorials works wonders too!

That would fall into a few points i've mentioned in the first post, however it should be utilized with the Don't Copy And Paste point as well. Otherwise you're not doing anything.
Ahh! What can I say? Awesome! Thanks for these valuable advises.. Big Grin
I hope more people will see this before it gets bumped down to the bottom of the heap. I can see a few people benefiting from this if they take these points in all seriousness.
Thanks for this Ace, read through it, as I personally am still learning VB, this is a big help to me. Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I will refer to this in the future.
(01-05-2012, 07:47 PM)Quizzical Wrote: Thanks for this Ace, read through it, as I personally am still learning VB, this is a big help to me. Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I will refer to this in the future.

I appreciate that Smile I hope it helps you venture through the programming language of Visual Basic
My advice would be to stay away from VB.NET. :p
(01-05-2012, 10:04 PM)King Wrote: My advice would be to stay away from VB.NET. :p

No, I would say that's not the best advice here. VB.Net isn't the best language, but it does give you an idea of how to use syntax, and how to keep your code clean and organized if you're starting to make bigger projects. You can't move into a scripting language right away and expect it to be easy without having a basic understanding of how operators work, and how to define and work with type objects which is what VB.Net sets you up with very well if you're only a beginner. No other language really does it as good as VB.Net in my opinion. C# is a little harder, and most scripting languages don't have something like intellisense to make sure you understand what you're doing wrong before you go too far with it. If you move to something else, most other languages are probably going to be overwhelming for most beginners. C++, Java, etc... I would still suggest getting used to the way programming works with an introduction to VB.Net.

It should give you a better understanding on how to be strict with conversions between types, how to use classes, how to make things faster (Not all methods are as fast as some, especially if you have a looping function.) And for something like Multi-threading which is very important, I don't think there's a better language than VB.Net to do that, even though it exists in other languages, and even scripting languages like Perl.