Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 and Asus A8V Deluxe mobo
Okay then, question ...

Has anybody managed to get their computer using Windows 7 and an Asus A8V Deluxe mobo working properly?

Mine won't pick up the on board sound card and I can't get the monitor resolution past 1280 x 1024, it's supposed to be 1680 x 1050, I can't load the ATI drivers for my graphics card because they don't exist for Windows 7 (It's an old card), and the generic microsoft driver that it defaults to tops out at 1280 x 1050.

Now then, buy a new card you might say, but, the current one worked fine with XP Pro and a 64 bit Linux distro that I use ... and so did the sound. No problems.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit loaded up fine, detected everything else, but can't see the graphics or sound card. It must be using the graphics card because I can see the desktop. The mobo does not have it's own graphics capability. If the card didn't work I wouldn't be able to see the words on the screen and I can. It just will not crank further than the low resolution. Everything else works and updates normally.

I've got Windows 7 loaded onto two boxes, and the other box is fine. It's using nVidia chips and drivers for the graphics and Realtek chips for the vibes. No problems there, picked everything up and worked perfectly.

... but not box 2. It must be a Windows 'thing' because the mobo works perfectly with the Linux ... and it's a bang up to date KDE 4.3 Mandriva 64 distro, and that is bigger and more CPU intensive than Windows 7 is ... and I've got pulse audio and full screen resolution.

Weird. Very weird. I can't figure it out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
Couple of screen pictures.

First one is box 1 that works properly, the second is the A8V board ...

[Image: right10.jpg]

[Image: wrong10.jpg]
Ive done a bit of research on google and there are quite a few people with the same problem as yours.

All I recommend is downloading all the drivers you can, and if that doesnt sort your problem then maybe a new motherboard is the only option. You can get them pretty cheap nowdays probably about £40 (about $65).

Hope this helps and good luck Thumbsup

IBDF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optical Drive and Mobo Compatibility davidmarker 2 883 07-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Last Post: davidmarker
  Gigabtye P55A UD4 mobo screwed I think Sico Music 2 801 03-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Last Post: randomusername1234
  Is this mobo worth getting? Foresight 3 927 03-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 4u111
  Recomend Me a Mobo. r00kie7 10 1,595 12-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Last Post: bloodrain2011