Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing Young
I just turned 27 two months ago. It suddenly became my realization that I no longer will have my youth as I felt I had at 26, 25, 24, 23, 22, etc. Tbh, people still have a hard time believing I'm over the age of 18y/o from my appearance, and all this time I have just kind of felt this way.

All my life I felt a bit 'ahead of my time', yet there was a sense of innocence I could always lean on, whether I was learning something new, or testing a boundary. Suddenly I noticed the different reactions from people when telling them the magic number 27! No longer am I this somewhat bubbly naive kiddy anymore. No, people say "you are WAY older than me!" I actually told a guy- who had asked me if, in fact, he was "too young for me", I said, "I don't usually date younger, but I guess I am getting older now, so you aren't really very young after all are you?"

It seems as soon as I was getting used to being young people are telling me I'm old, and when I was young and wanted to be older, people kept reminding me that I was young. Sleep What I recognize the most from a difference of my age is the activities I prefer attending to in my free time- my diet. The language I use- the way I make jokes. I actually learn easier now than when I was younger. I have more appreciation for having the opportunity to fortunately gain the knowledge available to me. I never watch t.v. as a past time anymore. I read. I cook. I bathe with sweet smelling soaps, wash laundry on schedule, plan meals...all of these things I have mindlessly thrown together for years.

Also I was thrown out of my mothers house at the age of 20y/o. That is not what this story is about, but it had a profound impact on my habits as a young person.

So these are just some notes, about some thoughts that I had, and felt they would make a good brief synopses on how a difference of a number makes an impact on your life time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Of A Young Girl - Poem Amped 0 574 10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Amped