Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motivation while dieting?
I've started dieting about a month ago and I was really committed to it; no cheating, exercising, drinking a lot of water, no alcohol. Everything went smoothly the first two weeks, but then I stopped losing weight.

Nothing really changed in my diet, I tried working out even more, but still not losing weight anymore, it's really frustrating and my motivation is slowly fading away. I get up on the scale after every meal, I weight myself in the morning, after exercising, before I go to bed, I'm literally obsessing over it and I realize it's not good for me.

If you could please tell me what I'm doing wrong and why I stopped losing weight, since I try to eat less calories that when I first started dieting. Also, has anyone heard of a quantum scale? It's supposed to be a scale that doesn't show you your weight, just records it and tells you your progress from the first day. Anyone used it? I'm thinking it would help me break this unhealthy habit of weighting myself 20 times/day. I'm starting to lose motivation to go on dieting because of it and it also irritates people around me.

Any kind of advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Dude Its hard at first but you just got to keep going. Once you see some results you will have the motivation to keep going. Also weighing yourself 20 times a day is not recommended(obviously), you should only weight yourself like once a week. Losing weight is a life style change and not something you can do really quick like they portray on tv. Also, cardio is key for weight loss.
My advice for you would be thinking about all the girls/guys you're going to get when you slim down.
Dieting is a hard thing to stick to, you need to keep the fact that you're doing it for a great cause, and that you'll be more awake, not tire as easy, and get more looks from the ladies ;)
[Image: 20080915234257!Fat_man.jpg]

There's your motivation, lol.
Dieting is not the best way to loose weight truthfully. i know this might sound stupid but if you go a long time without eating it actually messes up your body slightly and makes it go into fat storing mode. the trick is to eat smaller portions at a normal interval and snack in between. if you combine the right types of foods with the right portions at the right intervals with exercise you should start seeing results. You also want to remember that it is going to take time and not happen over a short time span. As far as motivation, i would recommend watching fitness programs or infomercials on TV. Just look at what you could achieve and think about how much you want it. Just think about how much your willing to work to get it. Set goals for yourself and work towards achieving them, that way once you reach your goal you can really put your progress in perspective.
First off, quit looking at the scale every single day, twice a day. That makes you anger, you need to look at it once every 2 weeks to feel accomplished. And you can't just think you can go from fat to ripped in 1 month, it is a long term process. And if you are actually working out, then some of your fat will be turning into muscle. It is also important to sweat a lot when you are working out, to lose more fat. Do more cardio too, I don't know what you look like, but if you are excessively overweight you should be sweating a lot, which is good.

Hope I helped.
Just think about all the changes you'll have in your life, how much it will help you and all the ladies.
[Image: in2Z5.png]
I just realized, that this is pointless to post on helping him, its over 3 months old, and he has 1 post. Why do people do that?? It's so annoying
(03-19-2012, 02:47 PM)Candyshop Wrote: I just realized, that this is pointless to post on helping him, its over 3 months old, and he has 1 post. Why do people do that?? It's so annoying

It's within the first few pages of new posts, so I assumed it was recently posted. Sorry.
[Image: in2Z5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dieting Help Omniscient 14 2,822 12-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Grizzly