Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have 2 ideas
What tends to bother people is all the LQP posters. But simply banning them isn't enough because all that does is prevent them from posting more. What about the 98 threads they just bumped? Nobody wants to read their one word replies.

I'm going out on a limb, but I suggest deleting all of their posts as well. Banning the member doesn't do much to solve the problem while deleting the posts do. Oh, you say "well than the overall forum post count won't go up much." Okay...than use a plugin to move all of a member's post into a Trash Bin (or unapprove them). Now no one sees the low quality posts and the overall forum count isn't effected.

I think this would help make the forum look nicer in general, and also encourage higher quality from the active members.

I also suggest creating a new rule for titles. Keep titles professional with no symbols, all caps, and proper grammar.
It's annoying seeing threads like ***NEW TUTOIAL CHECK IT OUT HACK UR FIRNEDS PC FREE*** This looks better: Tutorial: Hack Your Friends PC. This will actually make me, and many others interested in viewing threads. 90% of the titles are completely terrible and makes SF look like it is infested by a bunch of idiots. Enforcing a rule like this is another step in the right direction.

edit: Also fix the damn comma in the banner.
I'm not sure about the first suggestion. Deleting a user's posts if they spammed for the feather is one thing. However if the posts were semi relevant and meant something, even a little something, they don't qualify for deletion.
As for the second suggestion, I don't agree. If you want people to NOT click on your thread because it's obnoxious, that's your business.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
1. You can tell when people just spammed 100 times. There posts mean nothing and nothing of value would be lost.

2. I didn't mention "my threads" at all. Like I said 90% of the thread titles are terribly obnoxious and creates an illusion all the posts are low quality. Whether or not the post actually is good is irrelevant.
Yeah but some people, e.g me are here for the feather but dont spam my 100 posts, therefore banning the user, yes, but they might of had some actually relevant posts in the time that they were on SF
These are personal annoyances you're having. They are not a legitimate sitewide problem. Please don't expect us to base policy on your personal preferences.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Ideas Regarding The Rules BreShiE 25 8,715 12-27-2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  Ideas and Suggestions to Better the Site Hуѕтєяιa X™ 14 2,937 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★