Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max images per post?
Just spent the last 2 hrs making a post for here and only to find this limitation.

Quote:The message you entered contained 41 images, while only 10 images per message are allowed. Please lower the image count in your message to meet the limit.

I understand there has to be a limit so as to stop img spam etc. But for members who have been here a while i think this should be lifted.
Why you may ask well i will tell you.
I cant make my post as there are too many pics and i cant double post so there is no capacity for me to make the thread i want without removing images. And given the fact the images are totally specific to the post i cant or the thread will not make sence.
Perhaps over 100 posts the img limit gets lifted??
Cmon Labrocca. Bebe-pleure

Luckily my forum can handle that and i did post the thread there so not a complete loss i guess but still??

Below is the thread i was trying to post here.
Code:
http://www.ftw.net.au/thread-3586.html
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

It's not to reduce spam, it uses up bandwith and slows down some users connection.
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]
The images are hosted on my server. So i would be wasting more bandwidth than here.
The Rules!

I found a way around it, post your thread with 10 images, then edit it and add the rest of the images in. (please don't patch Sad)
I will wait to see what boss man has to say about this and decide from that i guess.
But this does have implications. I am in the process of doing a gearbox change and wanted to post them pics also.
But under current "rules" I can not. Makes it hard to do a good tutorial with loads of pics hey?
The Rules!

I won't be changing that. Your thread is 5mb page and took over 30 seconds to load. I can't selectively allow more images anyways without a plugin and additional usergroups. 10 is reasonable and yeah maybe I could make it 15 or 20 but 40 is certainly way too many.

Why not just link to the photos? That's a decent tut btw but I think you could trim the amount of pictures by removing your finger and adding keys. One good MOBO shot with arrows and red circles would be nice.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Cheers Labrocca. Thanks for replying.
I guess i will not be doing the gearbox tut or the rail straightening tut either then.
I find pics to be the best way to get a point across and based on the fact we can not double post nor add enough pics i guess i am out of luck.
30 seconds you say? Wow it loaded far quicker for me. And that was not held in temp files. I guess being an aussie server?
Anyways cheers for getting back to me on this one.
The Rules!

I'll raise it to 20. I realize that some pic heavy tuts might be posted here. You could probably do your tut in two posts then.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Thanks boss. I think it will benefit the forum to have some bigger pic tuts.
The Rules!

Nice to know we can host 20 images per tutorial.. We can always just split it into 2parts which wouldn't be the best option, but it's good enough for me.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Release Nike Air Max 98 Atomic Pink for Ladies jordan2019 0 808 04-24-2020, 01:23 AM
Last Post: jordan2019
  More images per sig? Peter L 11 2,478 03-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  The "View New Post" Page should automatically refresh every time there is a new post. nevets04 17 2,892 11-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Last Post: UID=0
  Expand/Collapse Images Josh 2 975 10-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Kharnage