Poll: Should the award be removed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.36%
16 36.36%
No
63.64%
28 63.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Remove the HF Award [Community Poll]
Hi all,

I'm proposing the removal for the Hack Forums award that offers users of HF an award for 100 posts here on SF.

I agree that this was a great way to promote Support Forums, but subsequently it attracts allot of LQ spammers who try to whore awards on HF.

There is a quality and maturity problem at HF, the award is bringing that problem here and has been for a while.

We're approaching 240,000 posts and 10,000 members, I think this award is no longer needed here.

Please reply and vote, keep this thread alive and at the top of this section.

- Sam.
It doesn't have to be removed.
Omni just needs to change the requirements made to attain it.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
I don't believe that the award needs to be removed, just that the requirements that are needed to attain it be increased. I think maybe a certain amount of online time should be required.

I still find it amusing that people think that by spamming Omni will actually give them the award.
[Image: cooldude.png]

(09-05-2011, 08:36 AM)Orgy Wrote: If you understand what you're doing, you aren't learning anything. ;)
Forget changing the requirements. It needs to be removed full stop.

The general maturity levels that HF members seem to have is pretty damn low. SF is supposed to be a high quality, professional and mature forum.

I've PM'd Omni about stepping down from my moderator position. The reason being because I'm getting slightly frustrated with the current situation of SF. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at Omni here, but if he, the Admin of this forum, doesn't really care about SF, then why should anybody else?

I've been here for 2 years now. The first year was fantastic. There was lots of activity, and a huge amount of high quality and amazing members. In the past year, it's like this forum has just been tipped upside down. All of the older members have pretty much left.. Omni rarely comes on.. Activity has dropped dramatically.. Spam has increased.. Low quality posting and immaturity has increased..

Something needs to be done otherwise SF will be dead before 2012.
I think we also need a new administrator since Omni isn't activ here.
Someone who devolp this site well...
(12-02-2011, 11:08 AM)Fragma Wrote: Forget changing the requirements. It needs to be removed full stop.

The general maturity levels that HF members seem to have is pretty damn low. SF is supposed to be a high quality, professional and mature forum.

I've PM'd Omni about stepping down from my moderator position. The reason being because I'm getting slightly frustrated with the current situation of SF. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at Omni here, but if he, the Admin of this forum, doesn't really care about SF, then why should anybody else?

I've been here for 2 years now. The first year was fantastic. There was lots of activity, and a huge amount of high quality and amazing members. In the past year, it's like this forum has just been tipped upside down. All of the older members have pretty much left.. Omni rarely comes on.. Activity has dropped dramatically.. Spam has increased.. Low quality posting and immaturity has increased..

Something needs to be done otherwise SF will be dead before 2012.
D: Come on Fragma... Who else is going to be able to manage SF? Omni rarely shows up here... it'll take a while before he even reads your PM Tongue
#Korra2018
(12-02-2011, 12:48 PM)D3xus Wrote: D: Come on Fragma... Who else is going to be able to manage SF? Omni rarely shows up here... it'll take a while before he even reads your PM Tongue

I know. I sent it about 5 days ago and it hasn't been read yet.
(12-02-2011, 01:09 PM)Fragma Wrote: I know. I sent it about 5 days ago and it hasn't been read yet.
Blarg.
He was last online last Monday.
I seriously wish he would at least hold a poll for a new staff member or admin. If he is busy then that's fine; I just wish he wouldn't let a great community die.
#Korra2018
(12-02-2011, 01:13 PM)D3xus Wrote: Blarg.
He was last online last Monday.
I seriously wish he would at least hold a poll for a new staff member or admin. If he is busy then that's fine; I just wish he wouldn't let a great community die.

More staff isn't even needed. I could handle everything by myself quite easily. The issue falls with the award, and Omni's lack of activity.
(12-02-2011, 01:21 PM)Fragma Wrote: More staff isn't even needed. I could handle everything by myself quite easily. The issue falls with the award, and Omni's lack of activity.
Wonder what Omni will say when he reads all this. O.o
#Korra2018

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove Paper Jam - Pix ma Canon iP2772 Printer koxamumuf 0 328 04-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Last Post: koxamumuf
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,402 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,520 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,173 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,771 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute