Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Geek Squad | New Leader | Now Recruiting
(10-09-2014, 04:49 PM)Aura Wrote: D3xus, are you still accepting people into your group ?
Also, would you take in consideration the experience I have and showed on HF for my application ?

Same applies for me. I am interested in knowing as well.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

Now that we're getting the ball rolling again, of course. Apply away.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Name: Aura (you can call me by my name if you wish, Yoan)
Link to SF Tutorials you have made: All my tutorials and guides are on HF (I have around 10). I asked Omni the permission to import them yesterday and he's okay with it, hence I'll do it as soon as I reach 10 posts, because there's an URL restrictions in your posts before you reach 10 post. I can link you the HF ones if you want ?
Will you be willing to post in our subforum twice a day?: Of course, nothing easier to do than that Smile
Why should you be accepted to the Geek Squad above other applicants?: Because I fit right in : I'm a final year IT student, with a years of experience in entreprise technical support, have over a thousand threads closed to my name on HF (assistance with technical issues, Computing areas), a few hundreds Teamviewer interventions for general technical support, but mostly malware removal. I'm good at malware removal and analysis (currently an Underclassman at GeekU) and I'm also very good at troubleshooting general computing issues. If you know who I am on HF, you probably know that everything I just said is true Tongue
Why do you want to join the Geek Squad?: Because I want to help to the revival of SF, I've always been interested in the concept of the website but never registered since it was dead. But I know this forum have potential and I would love to be part of it not only as a helper, but as someone who's part of a group of members that share the same interest.
Will you set examples for other SF members to follow?: Yes, I will. I'm already being told at least 4-5 times a day on HF that people learns from my posts, tutorials, etc. I'm sure it will be the same here.
Name: 'Snorlax
Link to SF Tutorials you have made: I don't have any tutorials, but I am creating userscripts for free to every SF member: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=28818
Will you be willing to post in our subforum twice a day?: More than twice if there are any good threads.
Why should you be accepted to the Geek Squad above other applicants?: I am a full time geek. I like hardware, software, programming... Basically everything related to computing. I have one of the coolest PCs in my opinion, but still needs some change (would like custom loop instead of closed).
Why do you want to join the Geek Squad?: It's a group for geeks. I think I'd fit in pretty well.
Will you set examples for other SF members to follow?: Definitely. I plan on being really active in the hardware sector (when it's all up) as well as the computing sector.

Thanks for reading.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(10-10-2014, 08:02 AM)Aura Wrote: Name: Aura (you can call me by my name if you wish, Yoan)
Link to SF Tutorials you have made: All my tutorials and guides are on HF (I have around 10). I asked Omni the permission to import them yesterday and he's okay with it, hence I'll do it as soon as I reach 10 posts, because there's an URL restrictions in your posts before you reach 10 post. I can link you the HF ones if you want ?
Will you be willing to post in our subforum twice a day?: Of course, nothing easier to do than that Smile
Why should you be accepted to the Geek Squad above other applicants?: Because I fit right in : I'm a final year IT student, with a years of experience in entreprise technical support, have over a thousand threads closed to my name on HF (assistance with technical issues, Computing areas), a few hundreds Teamviewer interventions for general technical support, but mostly malware removal. I'm good at malware removal and analysis (currently an Underclassman at GeekU) and I'm also very good at troubleshooting general computing issues. If you know who I am on HF, you probably know that everything I just said is true Tongue
Why do you want to join the Geek Squad?: Because I want to help to the revival of SF, I've always been interested in the concept of the website but never registered since it was dead. But I know this forum have potential and I would love to be part of it not only as a helper, but as someone who's part of a group of members that share the same interest.
Will you set examples for other SF members to follow?: Yes, I will. I'm already being told at least 4-5 times a day on HF that people learns from my posts, tutorials, etc. I'm sure it will be the same here.
Accepted.

D3, remember when you gave me leadership and then Omni never made changes. That made me sad.
(10-13-2014, 10:28 AM)Grin Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 08:02 AM)Aura Wrote: Name: Aura (you can call me by my name if you wish, Yoan)
Accepted.

D3, remember when you gave me leadership and then Omni never made changes. That made me sad.

Youppi !
Now I just need to be added to the group, haha.
Good luck to all future applicants!
Nowhere near the requirements of course, but I'll give it a shot since a lot of us aren't really hitting them.

Name: Robust
Link to SF Tutorials you have made: None yet
Will you be willing to post in our subforum twice a day?: Yes
Why should you be accepted to the Geek Squad above other applicants?: I believe that I have knowledge in some areas that would apply to this forum, namely programming and system administration. I think I can be a valuable asset by sharing my knowledge and assisting others with their issues, as well as helping people get into the scene of system administration if anyone was to be interested, don't see too many people interested though.
Why do you want to join the Geek Squad?: It sounds suitable for what I can contribute and also a way to assist the revival of SupportForums better.
Will you set examples for other SF members to follow?: Sounds good.
So am I accepted in or not ? According to Grin I am Tongue
For some odd reason no one's in the group anymore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Youtube Crew - Now Recruiting Thomas 22 6,404 01-18-2020, 04:02 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  OnlineGamers [Now Recruiting] NekoChan 192 52,458 12-24-2019, 03:23 AM
Last Post: pearl
  Pet Lovers [Recruiting!] Reality 37 15,273 12-27-2016, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Hosting.
  Geek Squad Official Announcement Grin 11 3,477 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  [Looking For Leader] Health Squad King 10 4,185 12-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Juicy Booty