Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A suggestion.
Many of the people from HF post in month old threads and it's irritating to me and many other members.
How about automatically locking threads that don't get posted in after 1 month? So many threads are gravedug and their problems are long solved, the discussions long ended, etc.
Thoughts?
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
I like this idea, although I think a month is a bit short. Maybe after 6 months.
Thing is, there are threads like the Moderator Applications which need to remain open.

Another way would just be for members to report posts which are bumping old threads, (old as in at least 6 months in my opinion), and I will close the thread if need be.
6 months is a long time... to me a thread is recent if it's a month or newer.
3 months sounds a little bit better; the thread is old and it's kinda recent too and not such a long time.
#Korra2018
It depends on whether or not the poster has enough of a relevant post to the thread. Generally, if their post is relevant, but the thread is around 3 months old, then I don't see any problem with that.
Makes sense. If the post that someone makes on an old thread is irrelevant to the OP, such as problem solved, debate done, etc, then that can be a thread close.
Otherwise it's fine I guess.
#Korra2018
3 months, with an option for a thread exclusion list. - I doubt Omni has the time to code this type of plugin. Or if the idea is even worth it.
I'm sure a plugin for it exists already... there's other people making plugins besides Omni ;)
200th post!
#Korra2018
Fairly good suggestion, I never grave dig threads I just even post my own or reply to the most recent replied to if I havn't already that is, but it's a shame to see good threads die, So sometimes it's good but that's just my opinion.
(11-21-2011, 06:53 AM)Ignite. Wrote: Fairly good suggestion, I never grave dig threads I just even post my own or reply to the most recent replied to if I havn't already that is, but it's a shame to see good threads die, So sometimes it's good but that's just my opinion.
It isn't the problem of a good thread dying; the issue at hand is people gravedigging threads that have outlived their purpose for the sole intention of boosting their post count for the SF Feather award.
#Korra2018
You're true , HF people come here only for the award and what they need is 100 posts count. They don't care about whether it's an old thread or not , they open it make a bla bla post , raise their post count,get the award , stay inactive / leave supportforums. -.-
[Image: Z95Xp.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,427 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,802 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢
  [SUGGESTION] MOTM [/SUGGESTION] Sam 21 3,154 08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [Suggestion]Batch File Section[Suggestion] Thomas 10 2,198 07-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Reality
  [Suggestion]Show Rep Giver's Rep[Suggestion] Thomas 8 1,751 07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.