Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Making an animated .GIF in PhotoShop CS4
Bear with me guys, as this will probably be the most rushed tutorial you will ever see! I'm also taking the screen shots remotely via Team Viewer.

1. Put all your objects in (back ground, font, pictures etc)
Make SURE these are all on their own layers.
2. Once you have the general look of your .GIF click window, then animation
As you can see, I have created a black and white effect, which I will be switching on and off later on.
3. Now a box will apear down the bottom, with 1 frame. This is how the animation will start, you then click the button that is shown in a thick ass red box and it will make another frame.
4. Move around until you got where you want the animation to be then make a new frame.
5 repeat step 4 until you think your done.
6. Click file> Save> Save for Web & Devices

IF IT GOES TO QUICK (in the preview): click cancel, then select the delay on each frame. This is shown as 0sec to start with and it is below the frame preview.

I will update this Tutorial when I get home and actually have physical access to my machine. It is really laggy for some reason and I really CBF to explain in more detail without better screenshots. The only reason I rushed through this so much is that I had to do it from a remote location.
Simple and good tutorial, thanks for sharing!

I would say the minimum (good) time delay would be 0.3-0.5 seconds.

edit:
And you could go more into the detail about layers in animations.
This would be very helpful. ( I wonder if you did this because i asked you to teach me Smile)

Anyways would this be the same on CS3 As that is the one i have.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
(10-30-2009, 07:30 AM)SF Phantom Wrote: Anyways would this be the same on CS3 As that is the one i have.
Yes. Doesn't differ that much.
[Image: mint.png]
Alrite than you for the feedback i will indeed try this, nice tut Extasey !
Haha the only reason it is so crap (lack of detail) is because my connection to my computer at home, which has Photo Shop on it, was becoming very slow... even though it was uploading files at 620kb/sec when my upload speed is 21kb/sec

Work that out.

Will update later on.
And yes I did make it because you (and some others) asked me too.
I'm making a basic video on how to make animated GIF.
Awesome. Theres about 3000 of them on you tube though... you'd wanna make it good to compete!
I dont want to compete i want to make one for support forums minors, nice and easy.
Yeah fair enough. Try to do a bit more detail on the layers. I will try and add to the tutorial asap.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photoshop - Animated Text Shine Tutorial courage 28 8,689 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  How do I get better resolution on PS CS4 n00bikscube 9 1,351 03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Toph
  Sync's GFX Tutorials - Animated Shine Effect Endless™ 13 2,536 03-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Divine
  Where can I get Photoshop CS4/CS5 for free? JakeUS 7 1,191 10-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Animated .GIF | Tutorial | Useful alabama 35 7,095 09-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Last Post: ₠o™