Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I host my webserver at home?
yup i decided to just get servers instead of my self, until i get my own big room.
yeah they need lots of attention so its best to let a warehouse do it. Also if your server physically fucks up, you have you have to pay but in a warehouse they pay.
Yup I know and I kinda don't have that kind of time right now.
haha i'd have to have one in my room or even my house. There loud as &*)&
No! if your going to host on your website i wouldn't because you risk your ip being exposed unless its dynamic i don't think you can with a dynamic dns or you could be ddossed it's risky hosting on your Ip.
Really, I think you should wait till your rich XD
I have my own server at home but it's like Windows 7 for RDP & to record TV.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
Not a nice idea.. You need a 24/7 cold room with the right room temperature and then alot of electricity bill.. Thats the most basic problem..
[Image: IYOy9.png]
LOL XD I know, Electricity bill is already at like $300 a month for parents ;P
(02-01-2012, 03:16 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: LOL XD I know, Electricity bill is already at like $300 a month for parents ;P

That's what mine's at too, seems to be getting more and more expensive, but if you're running a top end computer 24 hours a day i'm sure that's expensive too.
(02-01-2012, 04:08 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: That's what mine's at too, seems to be getting more and more expensive, but if you're running a top end computer 24 hours a day i'm sure that's expensive too.
Mines not a top end computer, a decent one that does this & that but by no means, top end.

With the video card being the only problem, I can handle the rest.