Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install LAMP
Originally from my blog

Quote:sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo apt-get install php5
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Your internet browser files will now be found in /var/www/ which is just usually a couple of html documents released with the standard apache distribution. From here it is simply a matter of following any tutorial on the internet on how to build websites. Just put your .php scripts, .jpgegs, .pngs, and .html files in your /var/www directory.
I believe that's called a LAP server..I don't see the M there.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(10-28-2009, 05:40 AM)iintens Wrote: I believe that's called a LAP server..I don't see the M there.

I would assume you know what the m stands for and how to install it, so maybe you would want to share that. Constructive Criticism is more helpful than criticism.

The M standing for MySQL can be installed by running
Code:
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
(10-28-2009, 02:04 PM)nevets04 Wrote: I would assume you know what the m stands for and how to install it, so maybe you would want to share that. Constructive Criticism is more helpful than criticism.

The M standing for MySQL can be installed by running
Code:
sudo apt-get install mysql-server

Well you're saying in the thread title that you're showing someone how to set up a LAMP server...you didn't end up doing that. It would be understandable if you didn't call it a LAMP server but since you actually put it in the thread title it's slacking off, I don't need to share it...it's your job seeing as you said it in the title lol.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(10-30-2009, 05:58 AM)iintens Wrote: Well you're saying in the thread title that you're showing someone how to set up a LAMP server...you didn't end up doing that. It would be understandable if you didn't call it a LAMP server but since you actually put it in the thread title it's slacking off, I don't need to share it...it's your job seeing as you said it in the title lol.

It is my job, but with this being SUPPORT forums, I figured maybe you would help.