Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestion's?
Hey guy's im new to the supportforums.
And I want to learn C++.
Anyone wanna help me get started and some tips for getting started?
Any help and suggestion's would be awesome!

Thanks to anyone who reply's with anything helpful!
Step 1) Get a compiler and IDE.
Step 2) Start learning C++.
Step 3) Don't expect to be able to write a 3D game in a few days. No seriously, don't.
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
Ehhh started reading around a little and seen that C++ isnt recommended to start with.
What would be the best to start learning first?
What I wanna do is learn how to write scripts for games such as WoW. (World of Warcaft)
Hmm, well according to Google, it seems that WoW uses Lua for it's scripting.

Also, there is nothing wrong with learning C++ as a first programming language, just don't expect it to be an easy ride. In fact, you really shouldn't expect learning any "first programming language" to be an easy ride.
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
Do you have zero experience with programming thus far?
C++ won't be an easy go, but then again, no language won't be an easy go if it's your first one. I personally plan on mastering C first and then moving to C++.
WoW combines C++, PHP, and LUA. Most recommend you start with Python but if I were you I would read up on some languages and how they are different from each other and decide which would be easiest for you.
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]