Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bios
I nned to install the Bios on my mother how can I do this? The computer does not do anything when I trun it on. it comes on but nothing shows up on the screen. not even like the computer manufacturer so i think it is the bios. any help?
BTW: the beep code is one short 2 long
What is the specifications of the motherboard? Is it brand new or old? And was it running perfectly until now?
The computer is a Compaq Evo d510s with the original motherboard(not sure what type the motherboard is) and the computer is a couple years old and was running perfectly.
Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Because the BIOS is a chip (hardware with preinstalled software that really can't be edited unless getting drivers). If resetting it doesn't work try replacing the motherboards battery. Check to make sure all wires and cables are plugged in. And finally, that your hardware isn't defective by trying to use it in a different computer. Hope this helps Smile
What does the BIOS chip look like?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...p?t=171832
PICTURE NOT MINE
[Image: DSC00059.JPG]
Mine looks completely different. You may want to Google your computer model with "BIOS chip" attached to the end.

I'm assuming its a desktop computer.

you reset the BIOS this way:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....reset+BIOS

As you can see, It doesn't have anything to do with the chip itself!
Your getting a system beep but no visual component yes?
Is that not normally a hardware issue. Graphics card, CPU, ram or something else.
Bios is the least likely to be the problem. But if you want to clear it do as suggested above or just pull out your board battery and disconnect your power supply from the wall and leave it for 1/2 hr. That should reset your bios, but i dont expect this to be the problem.

If you have any USB devices plugged in then i would first remove them and try reboot. That fails then remove one piece of hardware each time and retry.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

So i reset the BIOS and it still won't work. Going to try what DAMINK said.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No BIOS NexSolutions 0 464 05-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Last Post: NexSolutions
  Can't get past bios screen Annuit Coeptis 0 627 07-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis
  clevo pc bios mitoo 3 880 01-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Last Post: kaigen
  How can I remove bios password? mitoo 14 3,044 11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Idiot #1
  TIPS: how to enter BIOS SYSTEM ginoside021 0 564 11-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Last Post: ginoside021