Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Visual Basic suck?
I always here people say hat visual basic sucks. Why do they say that?
Do you mean like VB6 or VB.net?

Well VB6 was a great language and it still hold a place in my coder heart for being the first language I really used, but it has been neglected by Microsoft who failed to realise that it was a huge success and never got round to updating it and its slowly dying out.

If you mean VB.net then its because Microsoft never really thought about it much and it was really them rushing to move VB6 to their .net platform, and since it was rushed it became bloated and slow and that seeps through to its applications.
LockerZ Invite Required? PM Me.
Visit TechBeat for the latest Technology News
[Image: jamzasigniture.jpg]
(11-07-2009, 12:37 PM)Jamza Wrote: Do you mean like VB6 or VB.net?

Well VB6 was a great language and it still hold a place in my coder heart for being the first language I really used, but it has been neglected by Microsoft who failed to realise that it was a huge success and never got round to updating it and its slowly dying out.

If you mean VB.net then its because Microsoft never really thought about it much and it was really them rushing to move VB6 to their .net platform, and since it was rushed it became bloated and slow and that seeps through to its applications.

Bullshit, .NET is by far superior to VB6, VB6 would crash on a simple message box if it didn't have the right .dll files.

Don't listen to people, .NET is the future.
[Image: Lj]
(11-07-2009, 01:57 PM)Vorfin Wrote: Don't listen to people, .NET is the future.

It suddenly got chilly in here.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
(11-07-2009, 01:57 PM)Vorfin Wrote: Bullshit, .NET is by far superior to VB6, VB6 would crash on a simple message box if it didn't have the right .dll files.

Don't listen to people, .NET is the future.

I didnt say VB6 was superior to VB.net, i just said VB.net was the replacement for VB6 and I wish they spent more time on developing it.

Also, by far VB.net is NOT the future. Id rather build an OS in Brainfuck and im sure many agree with me on that.
LockerZ Invite Required? PM Me.
Visit TechBeat for the latest Technology News
[Image: jamzasigniture.jpg]
VB.Net is such a more superior language then VB6, Because i think the syntax is much better and and the whole setup of VB8 IDE. You can do so much more in VB.Net compared to VB6 IMHO. I think Microsoft made the right choice,
(11-07-2009, 06:38 PM)Fail Ninja Wrote: VB.Net is such a more superior language then VB6, Because i think the syntax is much better and and the whole setup of VB8 IDE. You can do so much more in VB.Net compared to VB6 IMHO. I think Microsoft made the right choice,

I never knew the syntax was different O.o
(11-07-2009, 10:10 PM)nevets04 Wrote: I never knew the syntax was different O.o

Well, it is. The overall syntax is the same, but there are minor changes here and there.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
(11-07-2009, 12:22 PM)nevets04 Wrote: I always here people say hat visual basic sucks. Why do they say that?

VB don't suck.There is no language which sucks.I code in C# and LUA,from my little or no experience i can say-every language is good if it can do the job.
example of why c++ sucks. In VB.NET i made a app in 2 days, i sold 10 copies for 10$ each.my income from 2 evening work 100$.if i would make this app in c++ it would take me 2 weeks.at the end i get 100$ for a 2 week job.result c++ sucks.
I don't say c++ is bad neither VB.
why vb sucks?try to make 3D FPS in VB and compare it to 3D FPS in c++.The difference is huge wich results VB sucking a dick.
To end this piece of crap text:every language IS good if you CAN use it.
How about WPF?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To make an advanced Operating System in Visual Basic 2010 ? Mohamed Samir 9 11,513 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  [Visual Basic] FTP Uploader [Tutorial] Coding Support 6 2,731 08-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Kenneth
  Visual Studio Bill Nye The Science Guy 1 900 03-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Visual Basic Guide - Buttons Death Demise 9 4,683 03-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Visual Basic Guides, Tutorials, Web Resources, and E-books Compilation simply_mark 1 1,618 11-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Last Post: TalishHF