Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need serious help with vb
Ok i'll be honest, i suck at visual basic... Now my problem is that i created a form, which will be the GUI to an arcade machine im going to be making out of a computer.. So what im trying to do is get the buttons i made to open up a program. I just camt find the code.. i had a VB book in the past but i lost it. So for instance i have once button that has to open nestopia.exe .
can anyone help me with this? Also i would like to be able to run these programs within a window that enables people to exit the games. Im doing this so no one can suspect that what they are using is a computer.
Not sure if this is write dude but try this.
Quote: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object,ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Process.Start("install-path/nestopia.exe")
End Sub
End Class
thanks for the code Smed, i found another way earlier and realized that what i really needed was a code that was open a rom. I already associated the file with nestopia via open with option. But i dont know how to get the button to open mario.nes . so what im trying to do is emulate the same thing that would happen if i just double click the file (which is open the game in nestopia) .. sorry to be a pain!