Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide: Dealing with Bullies
I've never been bullied at school, or in my life. But I'm going to say that this guide can be very helpful to people who are victims to bullying.

Thumbsup
One way to deal with bullies is to heal (overcome) social anxiety problems.

Studies show that if you suffer from social anxiety disorder (shyness) you are much more likely to be bullied (bullies are attracted to shy people like sharks are attracted to blood).

Anyway, I used to be very shy (still can be at points, but overall have improved a lot). And getting over my shyness helped to protect me from bullies (I ended up having far less problems the more that I overcame my shyness).

I was helped by this by (the Nonprofit organization) Social Anxiety Anonymous, they have a wonderful collection of free articles written to Help in Overcoming Shyness (Social Anxiety).
Best way to deal with mental bullies is to ignore them. Don't consider a word what they said.
Physical bullies is to fight back. If theres many of them, it just helps to take down the leader.
I don't mean beat 'em up, but just gimme em hard time.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
You should leave everyone alone.

You can do serious, long-lasting damage to people by bullying them.

Let me repeat that-- leave EVERYONE alone.

Find another way to have fun.

There is a reason why you do this too, everyone needs therapy, maybe you could see a therapist and see what it is that you need to work on within yourself (what you are trying to 'fix' by pulling stuff on others).

(11-01-2009, 11:33 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I tend to be an jerk around freshman at my school, i find the best way for me to lose interest is if they ignore me, it's just no fun that way. But i agree, trying to stick up for yourself usually results in an ass kicking after school. A girl actually said she was going to murder me and my family in my sleep Blink I leave her alone now lol
Bullying isn't and never will be tolerated by anybody. Inform authority figures ASAP before it gets out-of-control. Many kids have committed suicide or live their life abnormally due to the psychological affects it leaves behind.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
41shots, Offtopic: Do you have any relations to the guys that got shot?
Not me. I don't know any such guys.
Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. You were asking someone else.

Sorry about that.
(04-21-2010, 10:41 AM)Heli0s Wrote: Bullying isn't and never will be tolerated by anybody. Inform authority figures ASAP before it gets out-of-control. Many kids have committed suicide or live their life abnormally due to the psychological affects it leaves behind.

Authority always makes it worse. They get over the top and sometimes the bully will just come back for you. I was picked on in middle school and now that I'm a Jr. in high school it has stopped. I stopped it by just looking at them in a weird way that says stfu before I come over there and kill you, which I will cause I'm a little crazy sometimes. However, I do get made fun of while walking to school, that just makes me track down where they live and put a letter on their car saying, "I'm a jerk and I know where you live, watch out." They tend to stay away now. All-in-all it's all about the bully and you.
Another thing that helps is to have friends.

Bullies generally will shy away if they are outnumbered.

If you start socializing with a lot of people in front of the bully, they will usually stop bothering you after that, because they know you would be a difficult target for them and might even be costly to them if they keep bothering you.

Also another thing, if you are ever in a position of power-- (a manager at a company, or a school administrator etc), fire or expel bullies whenever you get the chance.

Fire them left and right. It'll make you feel good and it will make your company a better place to work, and I can guarantee it will make your company more productive.

We are only this earth for a short time. Why not clean up the trash a little before we are gone...

If someone is bullying you don't let them get away with it. It's only going to get worse properly. I suggest depending on what you age you are, if you still go to school speak to a teacher or a group that the school may have. If you are older, there are other support lines for you. I suggest standing up for yourself and show that your not scared of anyone.
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dealing with Guilt / Fear KSG 0 492 09-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Last Post: KSG
  Dealing with misophonia. Tolerance 14 6,801 05-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Last Post: GreyGrimly
  How do I help my gf dealing with loss of a friend? Condoms 13 1,824 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Last Post: iDiDiT
  [TuT] How To Handle Bullies [TuT] Amp™ 10 1,346 05-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Core Crack