Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First ever PC owned
I had a C64. Never bothered with a C128 but my friend had one. The Apple II series was out and it was better imho than the C128. Amazingly Commodore was still doing very well in Europe for many more years.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(11-02-2009, 09:39 AM)Guerreiro Wrote: A C128 ? Big Grin awesome. nothing beats the oldies huh? ;)
Hell yeah!

(11-02-2009, 11:58 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I had a C64. Never bothered with a C128 but my friend had one. The Apple II series was out and it was better imho than the C128. Amazingly Commodore was still doing very well in Europe for many more years.
Well the on C128 you could always boot in C64 mode for games that didn't run on 128 and other reasons, I never had any Apple stuff so I can't really say if it's better, but the Marketing made Commodore popular not it's functions, and Europe, well we are freaks that belive in what media says (looks like).
Anyway I still love my Commodore, and a transfer from 8bit to 32bit was like... wow did I miss something. Roflmao

Here is a emulator for those who never had a chance to view it in action
http://www.viceteam.org/
I cant remember exactly what models they were/are now, as I still have them at my brother's house,
but I also have an Amiga, which I got in the mid 80's I believe, which was really cool with graphics if I recall,
and an Atari, which I got around 1995 or so, for running Cubase with.

The thing with both of these machines, and earlier PC's was that you could run some really good applications on all of them, from just a 3.5 inch floppy
disk, with only 1.44 MB storage capacity, especially Cubase, which is quite a large application, to fit onto a single floppy.

I believe that inspired many software engineers to really have to think about how to best write applications with that sort of space restriction imposed.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
I have Pentium 2 with windows 6, I never bothered to use that though it is quite old enough. In it I installed 2 slots of 128 MB RAM.
My first computer was some white computer with WIN 95, I didn't use it much till i got an OK laptop then a kick ass PC.
(11-06-2009, 01:29 AM)UID=0 Wrote: I cant remember exactly what models they were/are now, as I still have them at my brother's house,
but I also have an Amiga, which I got in the mid 80's I believe, which was really cool with graphics if I recall,
and an Atari, which I got around 1995 or so, for running Cubase with.

The thing with both of these machines, and earlier PC's was that you could run some really good applications on all of them, from just a 3.5 inch floppy
disk, with only 1.44 MB storage capacity, especially Cubase, which is quite a large application, to fit onto a single floppy.

I believe that inspired many software engineers to really have to think about how to best write applications with that sort of space restriction imposed.

Ohh man you really got to love the good ol' times, where a word like Peta Byte was a Sci-Fi tought.
I'm so sad becuase I never got my hands on one Amiga box, and the loading times of games and applications were like in Heaven.... There was noting much to load but still there was many functions.

I've played Pirates this week on C128 and hell I love that game.
Can't remember .. :<

I have bad memory.
I seriously can't remember my first computer, but let me say the following:

First PC: Pluto (Not recognized as a planet anymore..)

My brand new computer: The Sun. (Or a super red giant)

Quite a difference, huh?
My first computer had Windows 95 (too lazy to check the model and other specifications).

I vaguely remember surfing the young internet on it.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
Cubase on floppy, wow. Who here remembers the ZIP drive?