Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First ever PC owned
(10-31-2009, 09:53 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I had a Timex Sinclair 1000 with the added ram 16k (yes that's K) and a cassette drive. We bought it at J&R in NYC and I was very excited. I was about 11 years old.

How much did that cost you back then and do you still have it in your possession?
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Oh it's long gone and if I remember correctly it was over $300. Which was a lot of money in 1981.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Do you have any old machines in your possession at the moment or have they all been passed on?

I wish I could have experienced the release of the older machines, it would be good to compare them to the modern machines that we have today.

I used to have plenty in my store but I didn't want to take any with me when I moved to Vegas. They are obtainable for reasonable prices on Ebay. Honestly though you can find emulators for many of these if you just want to see what the OS was like.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I'd love to see what the OS was like back then. I'll see if I can find some emulators.

Thanks for the idea.

You have a lot of emulators nowadays. DOSBox is a very good one. Also you can start up win 3.11 in there. Big Grin Also Amiga emulators exist for those nostalgic computer lovers. Big Grin
My first pc was IBM , pentium II 400MHz, 64mb RAM, 4mb Video RAM, 150 Watts. It served me well and still working till now Smile but i dont use it. And the first OS i used was win95.
That's a very nice one.
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
My first was Commodore 128, ahh I loved that thing.
I still have it laying around and the box isn't white anymore Roflmao
I just love to power it up and play some games (most of then cracked lol), and also writing some basic codes and having fun.
I love C128
A C128 ? Big Grin awesome. nothing beats the oldies huh? ;)