Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Lockup/Freeze Problem
Hello
I have recently been having problems with my computer completely freezing up, and refusing do do anything. If I in some way get it to do something it takes aaaages, and the task manager shows only about 2-5% CPU usage. The freezes are usually random, and i haven't found a way to trigger them.

I don't think its an overheating issue, seeing as i have a NZXT Phantom case, and have installed all fans. Im also using a corsair H50 CPU water cooling thing.

I hadn't done anything to the computer for about 5 days before the freezes started, I do however think that the freezes are caused by some kind of memory filling up, and dthe overflowing, causing the computer to freeze. I believe that because the computer doesn't freeze if i am not actively using it.

I have checked all the connection, both inside and outside the computer, and they all seem to be fine.

Oh, and the only way to turn off the computer when it freezes is by holding down the power button.

Specs:

AMD Phenom x6 1055T

2 Western Digital 640 Gb S-ATA HDD's running in RAID 0

XFX ATI HD 5850

ASRock 870 Extreme3

NZXT Phantom Case

Corsair H50

Cooler Master 1000w PSU

2 x 2Gb Kingston HyperX RAM

Thanks in advance
It could be a problem with your laptop/desktop over heating I think you should check if the fan is still working and clean all the dust inside of you desktop/laptop.
Possibly remove the dust from the PC. Also have you had any unwanted pieces of evil code lying around your computer? (Viruses)
[Image: t5BWm.png]

Heat is a major concern for PC manufacturers. The cooler the internals of your PC remain, the faster they perform, and thus computers are fitted with fans and other cooling devices to keep your computer from overheating. Overtime, thought, dust can sneak into your computer. Dust often blocks the flow of air, rendering fans worthless. When your computer "hums" it is the noise of your fans kicking into high gear. Your computer humming excessively or for the smallest of actions is a sign that they may be overworked, and that it may be time to clean out the dust from your computer.
For further detailed solution follow
http://www.techyv.com/questions/my-syste...g-properly
Over heating generally slows down the cpu speed.
Might want to look at this.
My computer has the same problem.