Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Python Journey//\\Q & A
Hello SF.net

Thanks to this thread http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=194 , I'm now starting to learn Python, mind you I'm still a beginner, I have had no experience with programming before, and so of course I'll have a few problems, and so I'll ask for help. I'm a fast learner, so I hope no one thinks I'm a skid that's too lazy to do anything.

That's why I've started this thread, so instead of starting a new thread every time I get an error, or I'm stuck somewhere, I'll just post in this 1 thread here asking and hopefully some people can help me.

OK with the intro done, I'm going to go ahead and ask my first question.

How do I execute files? I copied the source from here http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=1856 (The roulette game) And pasted into the notepad-alike window and saved the file in C:\Python26 as Poker.py. I fired up shell (or I think I did) and I typed in
Quote:execfile("Poker.py")
I'm getting this error. Here are two pics of me trying to execute it in 1 computer, and the second pic on the 2nd computer. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

After I get this settled out, I hope that the rest of my python experience becomes a whole lot smoother. Thumbsup

PIC 1

PIC 2

[Image: Dingo_Dog.jpg]
The script you tried has some strange ASCII coding issues.
Try another script, it should work.
I've looked into this python code, this is not really good coded ... You should try an other if you want to learn.
Quote:The script you tried has some strange ASCII coding issues.
QFT
(10-28-2009, 01:55 PM)Spl3en Wrote: I've looked into this python code, this is not really good coded ... You should try an other if you want to learn.QFT

Try ti run it, it demands a UTF-8 encoding. Roflmao Dunno why
You could use the example in the tut that your following, that will work fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python Help Dεlluzion 3 1,793 09-30-2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: samsmith001
  Simple Python Python Compiler Canoris 21 8,441 06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Filefinder
  Python 2 vs 3? Jake 8 2,256 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Bursihido
  Python help Kharnage 2 764 02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Kharnage
  "==" and "is" in Python Canoris 1 752 02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Last Post: uber1337