Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Follows Me
Don’t know where to start, and I don’t know where it ends. It doesn’t seem to have a purpose, yet I cannot live without it. I have never felt safe without it, but at times it scares the life out of me.
I’ll try to explain, please bear with me…

I’ll stand by the mirror and there you are next to me, behind me, and upside down above me. As soon as someone is near you always manage to hide. Sometimes I’ll see that you are still near, and sometimes you tend to disappear.

We hang out everyday but I don’t know your name. You know everything about me and I have no idea who or what you are. I’ll go to sleep and night and feel you crawl slowly next to me. You put your head on my shoulder and go to sleep. I even hear you snore.
You play with my cats, but won’t play with me. You guys chase each other around the house. It’s amusing to watch. You always hide from other people though… For the most part you seem happy.
Then the nights come where you can’t sleep. You start by scratching the walls to my bedroom. Head into the hallway and run down the stairs. You proceed to knock on the ceiling which is the floor below me. Then you crawl into the vents as loud as can be. You creep up the stairs… Slowly… Step by step I hear the hardwood crackle from my dark hallway.. Then, you slowly peek in my room to see if I’m awake. Your glowing emerald colored eyes staring at me. I see you open your mouth slowly, and your vampire-like teeth showing. You even begin to make a faint hiss.
Then you drop to the ground and crawl around my room. You go to the foot of my bed and use your nail to peel the blanket off of my foot. I can see you stare at it…

I’ll lay there, pretend to be sleeping. It scares me to think what you would do if you knew I’m awake.

I can’t take your picture. No one would believe me if I told them. I must be going crazy.
nice poem but was the very first sentence of ur poem a intro of the poem or something else?
Does this look like a poem to you?
Not being funny, but what the hell is this?
Read it again then. Supposed to give you some sort of chill.
not bad at all man, it did give me a bit of a chill
i absolutely love this. It is a short story im presuming. A very morbid one with a dark twist to it. i love this type of writing, i was looking in this section to find someone who writes. love reading other peoples work. is there any chance you have a collection of writing or books perhaps?
I'm not sure what this is, but it did give me a chill. I kind of thought it was your shadow from the beginning due to
Quote:I’ll stand by the mirror and there you are next to me, behind me, and upside down above me. As soon as someone is near you always manage to hide. Sometimes I’ll see that you are still near, and sometimes you tend to disappear.