Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grammar
Look up tutorials on the internet. Using commas correctly is the hardest thing to do, in my opinion. All the other stuff you should have learned in your early years of school.
Yeah as :Rawr: Said Just make the internet your best friend Big Grin
(09-30-2011, 10:40 PM)Suhinderツ Wrote: Are you in school? If not, believe it or not, being on HF and forums promoting the use of proper grammar, really helps.
Hackforums hardly promotes proper grammar. The amount of times I have seen "Capitalized Letters At The Start Of Each Word In A Sentence" is just ridiculous.
I would recommend getting some books to read each night before you go to sleep, not only can it improve your grammar over time but it has been proven to help calm the mind ready for sleep.

My grammar could need some tweaking aswell, your best bet is just studying, reading books.
Something I see mixed up all the time is eg and ie

You should read as much as possible, and pick books by English authors, instead of American authors. Your grammar will automatically improve.
Reading all kinds of books will help you with grammar, and spelling too. From novels to horror stories, whatever you like!
I was in the same situation as you. I learned most of my Grammar from the internet, the constant your & you're stuff really got to me.
Feel free to PM about anything, I'm here to help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grammar Help Red 5 1,481 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Buffy