Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guake, Gotta have it.
Okay, well you all may not like it as much as I do, but this neat little tool is a drop-down shell all the time.

Guake Website

"Guake is a top-down terminal for Gnome (in the style of Yakuake for KDE, Tilda or the terminal used in Quake).

You can check the screenshots to get a small feeling about it.

Guake is already package by a number of distribution (among them are Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu or ArchLinux) but if you cannot find it in the repo of your distribution see the Download page."

It runs in the background, a keyboard shortcut pulls it out. I know, it's the same as using a shortcut to open your Terminal or shell, but this is still a cool tool, I suggest checking it out.
Guake is gay. I've tried it, my favorite terminal is urxvt.
This is really useful seeing as Terminal gives yo a lot of Power, I like it when it runs in Background.
Hate the Task-bars, just hate them, but I have installed this the first time I used Ubuntu, and gues wat it scared me away and I went back to Windows...
Thanks for reminding me, and it's not even a big download, great share.

(09-26-2011, 04:28 PM)shixhaxermod98 Wrote: Guake is gay. I've tried it, my favorite terminal is urxvt.

Good bye...
(09-26-2011, 04:28 PM)shixhaxermod98 Wrote: Guake is gay. I've tried it, my favorite terminal is urxvt.

You're a moron, lol.

(09-26-2011, 04:48 PM)Gaijin Wrote: This is really useful seeing as Terminal gives yo a lot of Power, I like it when it runs in Background.
Hate the Task-bars, just hate them, but I have installed this the first time I used Ubuntu, and gues wat it scared me away and I went back to Windows...

Thanks man, you're welcome. I really like it too!
(09-27-2011, 10:12 AM)Kotto*N[ix]mouth Wrote: You're a moron, lol.

(09-26-2011, 04:48 PM)Gaijin Wrote: This is really useful seeing as Terminal gives yo a lot of Power, I like it when it runs in Background.

Thanks man, you're welcome. I really like it too!

How exactly am I a moron? All I said was that rxvt-unicode is my favorite terminal emulator. Tongue
that's a sexy site you got up there man
Guake is great if you have a traditional desktop, but I find that using a tiling wm like awesome eliminates the need for it.
This is really useful seeing as Terminal gives yo a lot of Power, I like it when it runs in Background.

Hate the Task-bars, just hate them, but I have installed this the first time

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guake Drop Down Terminal g4143 9 1,758 12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Last Post: arcofile