Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your LAN look like?
I got bored, so I made this image in GIMP. I know there are tools that will make a graphical map of your network for you, but I felt like using my own icons and such. This kept me busy for about 10 minutes =p

Below is my LAN map. Make your own and share it, if you feel like it.

why did you make this? out of boredom?
slowly getting better
(09-20-2011, 03:09 PM)haphazard Wrote: why did you make this? out of boredom?

(09-20-2011, 01:52 PM)Kotto*N[ix]mouth Wrote: I got bored, so I made this image in GIMP.

Yep.
Thats alot of technology o.O. I only have my computer connected to my router.
You have a router wired to your TV? Why? Is it one of those newer TV's that have connectivity to the internet through the TV remote? I seen an advertisement for something like that from shaw(?) or some other TV company a while back I think...
So the internet just comes from a cloud? Interesting..
[Image: 2.png]
I just got a router, 3 wired pcs and one wireless pc (HTPC downstairs)

soon to add a tablet of some sort, and a classic gaming pc. (when I get the money)

looks wise... rather not post LOL my house is under renovation and it looks kinda wonky LOL... (we are still working on renovating and it's been very slow since we don't have much money now since our car broke down and we wasted 800 bucks into it I wanted to use to replace drywall and overhaul the kitchen celing ;-( )

can't wait to get the house done.
(09-20-2011, 05:12 PM)Ace Wrote: You have a router wired to your TV? Why? Is it one of those newer TV's that have connectivity to the internet through the TV remote? I seen an advertisement for something like that from shaw(?) or some other TV company a while back I think...

It's DirecTV DVR, I have it connected so I can watch my recordings on my computer, and so I can change the channels with the iPad's DirecTV App.

(09-20-2011, 10:59 PM)alabama Wrote: So the internet just comes from a cloud? Interesting..

This is about LAN, smart-ass.

I will be inside you in roughly 3 days. Taking a vacation to Dauphin Island, Alabama for a week.
There is something wrong with this picture... Your router 1 and router 2 can't be connected wirelessly like that... Because I'm guessing you are using router 2 as a bridge or as a way to extend your signal?

are you sure its connected wirelessly like that?
(09-21-2011, 06:52 AM)spikebites Wrote: There is something wrong with this picture... Your router 1 and router 2 can't be connected wirelessly like that... Because I'm guessing you are using router 2 as a bridge or as a way to extend your signal?

are you sure its connected wirelessly like that?

Yes, it's a wireless bridge to extend my signal. I'm positive lol. They're Netgear routers, I used Netgear's 'wireless repeating' for it.