Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seo help for my forum
Hey guys,
How can I drive traffic to my forum?
My forum is http://www.idealforums.net and there are 11 members out of which 5-6 are regular posters!
So any way I can drive more traffic?
All the posters are random I never paid anyone/asked anyone to join, they just found my site but the traffic is slowing now so any suggestions / recommendations?

If you could join then it would be awesome ! Big Grin
But this is not a website showcase thread. I want some serious SEO help on how to get members.
Thanks Smile
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(09-20-2011, 02:31 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: Hey guys,
How can I drive to my forum?

Get on that Firefox, or Google chrome bus and use the url addressbar GPS to get there Smile Unless you use an old Volkswagen like IE...

(09-20-2011, 02:31 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: My forum is http://www.idealforums.net and there are 11 members out of which 5-6 are regular posters!
All the posters are random I never paid anyone/asked anyone to join, they just found my site but the traffic is slowing now so any suggestions / recommendations?

But this is not a website showcase thread. I want some serious SEO help on how to get members.
Thanks Smile

There's lots of methods, get the word out there on sites like Facebook, and Twitter, get their ranks up, and ask others to help you out as well. You can't do it alone, but you also can't force them to do it, so motivate them to do it.
(09-20-2011, 03:12 AM)Ace Wrote: Get on that Firefox, or Google chrome bus and use the url addressbar GPS to get there Smile Unless you use an old Volkswagen like IE...

(09-20-2011, 02:31 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: My forum is http://www.idealforums.net and there are 11 members out of which 5-6 are regular posters!

Thanks Smile
There's lots of methods, get the word out there on sites like Facebook, and Twitter, get their ranks up, and ask others to help you out as well. You can't do it alone, but you also can't force them to do it, so motivate them to do it.

lol sorry for the first part it was a writing error Tongue
and I am trying my best to do that Smile some times i wonder how do people like omni and other webmaster manage to get traffic for their site ..
(09-20-2011, 03:36 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: lol sorry for the first part it was a writing error Tongue
and I am trying my best to do that Smile some times i wonder how do people like omni and other webmaster manage to get traffic for their site ..

If hacking wasn't popular for the age group range of 13-16 then he wouldn't have a site, thats why. And also, his SEO from the domain probably helped out a lot, because it's pretty general. There's some big keywords in the domain there. He was donated the MyBB central I believe (rumour that I heard), and now that he has sites like that it's easy for him because he can steer traffic from his successful domains down to his newer domains and bump their activity up. If you keep doing this it's like a garden that can only continue to grow unless something really bad happens.
(09-20-2011, 03:55 AM)Ace Wrote: If hacking wasn't popular for the age group range of 13-16 then he wouldn't have a site, thats why. And also, his SEO from the domain probably helped out a lot, because it's pretty general. There's some big keywords in the domain there. He was donated the MyBB central I believe (rumour that I heard), and now that he has sites like that it's easy for him because he can steer traffic from his successful domains down to his newer domains and bump their activity up. If you keep doing this it's like a garden that can only continue to grow unless something really bad happens.
Yea, thats true though.. He really had a nice target and it worked successfully for him.. which is really cool.. now i gotta find a way to get my domain some ice traffic ..
Ace, do u also own any website/forum since you have so much knowledge with mybb
(09-20-2011, 04:06 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: Yea, thats true though.. He really had a nice target and it worked successfully for him.. which is really cool.. now i gotta find a way to get my domain some ice traffic ..
Ace, do u also own any website/forum since you have so much knowledge with mybb

Yeah link's in my signature, i'm just about getting ready to work with another bigger forum so we can attract a ton more traffic to our forum.
(09-20-2011, 04:08 AM)Ace Wrote: Yeah link's in my signature, i'm just about getting ready to work with another bigger forum so we can attract a ton more traffic to our forum.

wow, seems like an awesome Smile
I will register right away Smile
How did u get 200 members to ur forum?
Any tips please? Tongue
(09-20-2011, 04:12 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: wow, seems like an awesome Smile
I will register right away Smile
How did u get 200 members to ur forum?
Any tips please? Tongue

I registered on lots of other forums, and for those (and only those) that ALLOWED me to advertise in some way, I followed their rules, and was respectful about it. Putting a link in things like my signatures, and posts if they had an area where I could advertise.

It's not just about how much you advertise though, it's the quality of your ads that do it.

I've managed to attract 3 mods from w7forums.com actually. And even a Microsoft MVP registered on my forum lately.

This post may help you understand on MY personal advertising method and concept: http://techlifeforum.net/showthread.php?...22#pid3622

It's an award, so i've given initiative to others to help out. But there's also my way of advertising in there. Believe it or not, one of the mods enjoyed my forum enough that he put a link to our forum in his signature on w7forums.com. I'm registered as "Ace" as well on w7forums.
(09-20-2011, 04:16 AM)Ace Wrote: I registered on lots of other forums, and for those (and only those) that ALLOWED me to advertise in some way, I followed their rules, and was respectful about it. Putting a link in things like my signatures, and posts if they had an area where I could advertise.

It's not just about how much you advertise though, it's the quality of your ads that do it.

I've managed to attract 3 mods from w7forums.com actually. And even a Microsoft MVP registered on my forum lately.

This post may help you understand on MY personal advertising method and concept: http://techlifeforum.net/showthread.php?...22#pid3622

It's an award, so i've given initiative to others to help out. But there's also my way of advertising in there. Believe it or not, one of the mods enjoyed my forum enough that he put a link to our forum in his signature on w7forums.com. I'm registered as "Ace" as well on w7forums.
wow thats something cool .. Out of curiosity do u own Audentio Design? I know its a big company and everything but I never came across of its owner.. and since ur website is also coded by them, so I just got this thing is mind that do u own that company or it is someone else?
(09-20-2011, 04:22 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: wow thats something cool .. Out of curiosity do u own Audentio Design? I know its a big company and everything but I never came across of its owner.. and since ur website is also coded by them, so I just got this thing is mind that do u own that company or it is someone else?

No that's definitely someone else lol, the forum has been modified quite a bit though, I've edited the images to expand the content width of the forum, and several other templates for the visual to fit the rest of what we have available. You can take a look at the IRC page we've made to fit the forum theme: http://www.techlifeforum.net/livechat/chat.html

Even though it's not super active now, my plan was to activate that as a tech support area for those who want live chat support. All requests must be followed by a thread in the forum though, as my only condition. (that's definitely in the future though, i'm not worried about the IRC right now)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEO help for my new forum GangForums.Org 13 2,248 10-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: ransiplick
  Active Forum - Bad SEO CharlieA+ 5 1,023 03-23-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Kdstack