Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Other" Coding subforum
I think the better option would be to categorize a forum into a "Scripts forum" or a "Scripting forum" then you'd have the best of most of the popular languages, and it wouldn't get too complicated and confusing because there is only maybe 2 or 3 popular script languages. Those being PHP, and possibly batch here, but we don't have a batch area so I can't tell. The kind of collective knowledge you'd find here doesn't cover a vast amount of languages. I would have some to contribute to Perl, ASP.Net, batch, and PowerShell.

Then at least you'd have some of that "Other" range, and it would be filled with some content from the most popular languages to populate that area, seeing as that seems to be the main concern here. To organize them, you could even take advantage of the MyBB thread prefixes for various languages.

Scripting forum being my suggestion here because there's not a whole lot of other GUI supported languages that aren't in the list already.
It will be inactive enough though. I think it needs to be made, but not now though.
(09-17-2011, 07:38 PM)Ace Wrote: I think the better option would be to categorize a forum into a "Scripts forum" or a "Scripting forum" then you'd have the best of most of the popular languages, and it wouldn't get too complicated and confusing because there is only maybe 2 or 3 popular script languages. Those being PHP, and possibly batch here, but we don't have a batch area so I can't tell. The kind of collective knowledge you'd find here doesn't cover a vast amount of languages. I would have some to contribute to Perl, ASP.Net, batch, and PowerShell.

Then at least you'd have some of that "Other" range, and it would be filled with some content from the most popular languages to populate that area, seeing as that seems to be the main concern here. To organize them, you could even take advantage of the MyBB thread prefixes for various languages.

Scripting forum being my suggestion here because there's not a whole lot of other GUI supported languages that aren't in the list already.

That's actually a better more thought out idea than mine. You post a thread with that and I'll close this one?
[Image: 2.png]
(09-17-2011, 07:38 PM)Ace Wrote: I think the better option would be to categorize a forum into a "Scripts forum" or a "Scripting forum" then you'd have the best of most of the popular languages, and it wouldn't get too complicated and confusing because there is only maybe 2 or 3 popular script languages. Those being PHP, and possibly batch here, but we don't have a batch area so I can't tell. The kind of collective knowledge you'd find here doesn't cover a vast amount of languages. I would have some to contribute to Perl, ASP.Net, batch, and PowerShell.

ASP.NET threads can be posted in the Visual Basic and the .NET Framework section.
You do make a good point though. A scripting section would be quite a nice addition in my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Coding Support Forum Purple Haze 3 847 12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Closed Account
  My suggestions for Coding Support n00bikscube 3 1,059 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: ThisIsAThrow
  Medical Support subforum Mao 19 2,736 04-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Mr Kitty Cat
  [Suggestion] Coding section Untouch 11 2,463 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Untouch
  [Suggestion] Graphic SubForum - GFX Battles Simba 31 6,743 08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Last Post: bkotz