Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Minor Change to Favicon
I know this might sound stupid. How could the favicon change anything. But it just makes the forum look higher quality. Anyways do you think it'd look better if instead of a green box with a feather in it. It was just the feather without the green? So the favicon would be just a SF feather.

Opinions please?
I personally think it looks nice the way it is. Thing with transparent favicons is that they can sometimes be hard to see depending on the colour of the tabs. I think the feather alone would be quite hard to see if somebody had tabs using a white background.
(09-15-2011, 03:02 PM)Fragma Wrote: I personally think it looks nice the way it is. Thing with transparent favicons is that they can sometimes be hard to see depending on the colour of the tabs. I think the feather alone would be quite hard to see if somebody had tabs using a white background.

Hmm. Maybe, maybe that's why Omni kep the green bg, he knew it'd be hard to see. For some reason i don't absolutely love the green bg. Whatever it's not a big deal either way haha. Just wanted to see what some of the members thought about it.
Take a look at the favicon here i've added to see: http://sfchat.net/

This favicon is a little blurry though, I don't think anything was done to sharpen it after it was resized, and I think it was just a trasnformation of the logo's feather from a screenshot or something.
(09-15-2011, 05:08 PM)Ace Wrote: Take a look at the favicon here i've added to see: http://sfchat.net/

This favicon is a little blurry though, I don't think anything was done to sharpen it after it was resized, and I think it was just a trasnformation of the logo's feather from a screenshot or something.

Wow dude that looks beast. It's not hard to see it. I think the offical SF site should have something like that but the gold one. Or even a new silver. Either way the green box doesn't look professional. Good job Ace i love it. Hopefully others feel the same way.

BTW just in case if anyone's wondering why i care what the favicon looks like. The favicon is what defines the website. A good favicon can help bring in many members. I know it's such a little thing. But it does major good.
I would agree, lots of people overlook the value/importance of a favicon for a site. I have a gold one in the logo on that webpage, it's just not resized and optimized to be a favicon yet.

Think of it in marketing even. Everyone knows what the facebook icon looks like.
(09-15-2011, 05:18 PM)Ace Wrote: I would agree, lots of people overlook the value/importance of a favicon for a site. I have a gold one in the logo on that webpage, it's just not resized and optimized to be a favicon yet.

Think of it in marketing even. Everyone knows what the facebook icon looks like.

Yup yup it's an orange star right? LOL Jk, the blue background, white f. Yea, hopefully Omni takes this into consideration.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  @Omni - Minor Typo ßeowulf 3 673 11-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Omniscient