Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd time's the charm? Weird LCD issue.
Hey guys. I hope I can get a bit of help with an issue I'm having. I friend of my dad's recently brought his laptop to me (he knows I am "computer savvy"). He said it has an lcd problem.

I checked to see if the laptop even turned on, and it did. From there, I ordered an lcd screen (Like New) and replaced the old one. The strange thing is that it still wouldn't give an image on the lcd. Next, I tested the inverter to check if that was the cause of the issue. The inverter seemed to be having problems too, so I ordered a new one. When I hooked up the new inverter, I still didn't get an image on the lcd.

I know I should have probably tested the inverter first, but I saw a small crack on the LCD. Everything else on the laptop works just fine (sound, hard-drive is spinning, etc). I just don't know what else could be wrong.

Should I get a 2nd LCD?

Any help on this is appreciated Oui.
No don't get a second LCD. Screens are like batteries. My friend had this happen to him. Just let it rest like 2 weeks and t should work.
(09-20-2011, 10:31 AM)Grin Wrote: No don't get a second LCD. Screens are like batteries. My friend had this happen to him. Just let it rest like 2 weeks and t should work.

^ this. after like a week or 2 if it wont work, consider buying a new one Sad
I never really thought of "just letting it rest". I'll keep that in mind though, for future LCD issues.
(09-30-2011, 10:07 AM)SaNƹ Wrote: I never really thought of "just letting it rest". I'll keep that in mind though, for future LCD issues.
heh me neither. I was just as surprised when my friend told me.

I agree with what Grin said on both occasions.
Let it sit and it should be all right with time.
If not, you might be able to get a warranty on it.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Bring it to the shop for warranty service and most likely they will just replace it.
I totally agree with grin you need to let it rest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taskbar acting weird Explosions Hurt 7 1,155 05-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Last Post: The Rated R Superstar