Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE 8.0
Here is the proplem, I have a PC running Windows XP and I have not been able to bring any web pages up when launching IE8.0. I went to the command prompt and typed c: ipconfig and it showed that I was getting a good ip address, my proper gateway and my router. I pinged my intranet web page and received the proper information. Then, I tried to ping www.live.com and received no response. Stumped. I got with my sys admin people and they had me run some other command prompts and still no good, no web pages when I tried to launch IE 8.0.

In desperation I installed Google Chrome a on the PC and all of a sudden I started getting to the WWW.

So my question is, why did Google Chrome work and IE 8.0 not work?
- Check your firewall settings and even your AV settings if you use one for program rules in case it's blocking IE for some reason
- Check your hosts file (if you can't access a certain site)
- Check your IE connection settings, and check your network properties area.

It's obviously a setting with your IE though, or a third party program AV, or firewall blocking it from accessing the internet...
Thanks, I will check out all you have suggested and will get back with you latter to say how it went.