Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My fan is messed up
For some reason the fan is really loud and only goes on one side? is it normal or? I sent it in for another reason and they said they will re-place ALL the parts which I think they did... but the fan gets really really loud when its not even hot, and even if it does get hot, the fan doesnt turn on on the right side?

should I call and ask them to fix it? or is this like normal?

Dont want to call dell for an hour if this is normal, thats why im asking first, thanks
The fan doesn't get loud when it gets hot, you have an internal temp, probably for your CPU. Check your taskmgr and look specifically at the RAM and CPU usage when the fan is on. It should come on regardless, if the CPU levels are just starting to get high or you see spikes in the activity for the CPU levels.

Fan doesn't turn on the right side? I don't know what you mean.
thanks for the help, found a couple things that had high cpu I didnt need and the fan isnt as loud, thanks

do u know if I need the System Idle Process? Its running like 75 cpu which is tons more then any others now
Yes, the idle process is a system proc that can't be terminated anyway. It's required

It's actually good that it's high, computers can't do nothing, so the extra process is taken up by that system idle process which really does "nothing" virtually.
alriight... thanks

and I have a few others im wondering about, if you could pm me thats great, or post... but I dont want it to look like were post boostin or something.... anyways heres some others

dwm.exe
or sqlservr.exe keeps on jumping from like 5-30
Does it look like I need post boosting though, I mean how much more posts could I get in? I have more then 1000 posts over the 2nd highest poster, and I'm also about 4050 posts higher than what I need to get the feather award, which I already have, so there's nothing for me to gain, lol I'm here to help. I am in the Geek Squad for a reason. Smile

dwm.exe is desktop windows manager, if you don't want it taking up some of your CPU I'd suggest turning back to Windows Basic, or Windows Classic view even, but you won't have Windows Aero.

sqlservr.exe i'm guessing is for an SQL Server, which could be downloaded from windows updates, I believe I have SQL management server on my computer as well, but I'm not sure, i'm posting this on the fly right now.

Edit: It's part of the "Microsoft SQL Server Suite" : http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/...rvr/24960/

What are your PC specs?

-RAM
-Processor/CPU
-Windows OS version and architecture (32/64 bit | x86/x64)
im pretty sure its

-Windows OS version and architecture (32/64 bit | x86/x64)

but not sure
Hmm? No I meant to ask what your PC specs were though. Specifically your OS, bit version, RAM, and CPU.

For example mine are:
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
-8GB RAM
-etc...
how do I find those things? and lol, my bad
Hold the {Windows Key} and press the "Pause/Break" key on your keyboard. Some of the information should be in there, otherwise go into your start menu and type in "System Information" and hit enter.

For CPU Information, there's a great tool called "CPU-Z"