Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remove the forum jump option.
(09-10-2011, 10:26 AM)Swaganomics Wrote: I don't think that significantly slow down the website. If it doesn't slow the website down, why get rid of a useful tool like this?
It's not really useful, it won't change anything.
[Image: derialsig.png]
Kore Wa Tabidatsu Kimi He Suketu Mieru Utsurona Me
Actually I find it useful, you don't have to go to the board index to jump to a forum in the coding section if you're in the gaming section for example. It won't slow down the forum at all anyway, it's like adding links to all sections of the forum, it only slows it down as much as someone clicking a link. Which you can't avoid for a website. HTTP requests are sent all the time on the internet.

If it does slow down the forum, the difference would be insignificant, by a few milliseconds because adding those links adds to the page load time. So you're right, but why remove it when the time factor is almost unnoticeable.
i agree people hardly use it but its a good option for newbies to use to find a forum/sub-forum
(09-10-2011, 05:45 PM)Ace Wrote: Actually I find it useful, you don't have to go to the board index to jump to a forum in the coding section if you're in the gaming section for example. It won't slow down the forum at all anyway, it's like adding links to all sections of the forum, it only slows it down as much as someone clicking a link. Which you can't avoid for a website. HTTP requests are sent all the time on the internet.

If it does slow down the forum, the difference would be insignificant, by a few milliseconds because adding those links adds to the page load time. So you're right, but why remove it when the time factor is almost unnoticeable.
Well, I didn't expect there was any amount of members using it.
[Image: derialsig.png]
Kore Wa Tabidatsu Kimi He Suketu Mieru Utsurona Me
(09-11-2011, 01:47 PM)Derail Wrote: Well, I didn't expect there was any amount of members using it.

It's good for SEO because of it's indexing that act's like a sitemap too. I wouldn't remove it anyway.
This site isn't slow at all.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I think its fine and thanks for showing it I will now use it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove Paper Jam - Pix ma Canon iP2772 Printer koxamumuf 0 331 04-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Last Post: koxamumuf
  Remove the HF Award [Community Poll] Sam 52 6,880 12-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Sam
  View your posts option Swaganomics 4 1,029 09-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Last Post: SaNƹ
  "Remove From Buddy List" Image Missing -Infectious 3 978 08-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Remove the SFeather? Chelloa 2 783 07-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Omniscient