Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovering a Win7 Hidden Folder

Hello,

this is my first post on this site. I ran into a little snagg while playing with my directory. I created a God Mode file. While looking at its properties I noticed that it was read only so I clicked it off. It also had the option to hide the folder which seemed to be smart to me considering this folder had access to my control panel. This folder would be a hidden treasure to a hacker surfing through my computer. I cant seem to find where I put the folder though. Can anyone assist me in discovering its hidden location?

----->I know you can find this everywhere but for anyone who is new and curious about the God Mode Folder its very simple.
1.) Create a new folder and name it<name>.
2,) Rename your folder to <name>.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
3.) After saving the new name of the file on Win7 you will notice the folder icon disappears and the
control panel icon appears
Change your folder options to show hidden folders, and you'll be able to find it then
It's easy enough to find the folders.
Search "Folder options" And change the box to show all, Thats what I've done.
Yes it very simple manSmile

But yeah , I didn't know you could hide themTongue
(09-08-2011, 12:50 PM)bateyy Wrote: Yes it very simple manSmile

But yeah , I didn't know you could hide themTongue

ATTIB +h is set when you go into the folder properties and set "Hidden" beside the "Read Only" option
THANKS FOR THE HELP!

It took me a moment to discover the path to folder options. At first I went to control panel but found no leads. So I wound up searching for it from the start menu. Found folder options, clicked on views, and finally found show all hidden folder, drivers etc...

In my experience sometimes people read a forum thread to discover the answer to there own problem and needed more information so I figured I would write the steps I took to solve my problem.
Folder options can be accessed from the search bar in the start menu for an easier location than going through your control panel.
Thanks for posting this HQ tut.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Annoying Bluetooth Folder in My Computer Kirk Gandril 11 14,978 04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jonpayne
  Data recovery from a former bitlocker drive on which a new Win7 installation was made Bitlockerhater 0 866 11-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Bitlockerhater
  Win7 Mouse fix Ram 4 1,552 12-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Rhynorater
  [TUT] How to show hidden files [4 steps] sge2d 12 1,700 12-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Prince
  [Tutorial] How to Remove Shortcut Arrow (Win7) Metapod 16 4,742 09-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ₠o™