Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quick Guide: Should I upgrade my PC?
Nice tutorial but I must say if you spend a bunch of time on your computer and its running slow you need to have something done ASAP, and most of the time hardware will always cost more then simply upgrading, not saying that upgrading fixes everything once it done but it can.
The question is, "Is what I'm trying to compute being hindered by outdated hardware?" If so and you have the funds do so.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
(12-06-2009, 01:55 PM)windowsmediaman Wrote: Nice tutorial but I must say if you spend a bunch of time on your computer and its running slow you need to have something done ASAP, and most of the time hardware will always cost more then simply upgrading, not saying that upgrading fixes everything once it done but it can.

I'm talking about upgrading hardware in this.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
(12-06-2009, 09:46 PM)Rob Wrote: I'm talking about upgrading hardware in this.
Oh :O I see now it all makes sense Big Grin
Following your "do i need it?" none of you should technically even have computers. Upgrades generally aren't done out of necessity, it's done to play the next gen of games or watch hq video or perhaps run more then one program at a time. Necessary? No. Useful as f***? Yep.
(12-09-2009, 01:00 PM)IllusionSlayer Wrote: Following your "do i need it?" none of you should technically even have computers. Upgrades generally aren't done out of necessity, it's done to play the next gen of games or watch hq video or perhaps run more then one program at a time. Necessary? No. Useful as f***? Yep.

You apparently didn't understand the message here. The guide is basically telling you that you should only upgrade if you are planning on watching hq video a lot, or playing all of the next gen games. The idea is that you should be able to make a few small adjustments in your activities if you don't plan to consistently use the upgraded parts.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Overall Nice tutorial Smile and yes what you said did not make sense :S Illusion.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
Upgrades arn't always nessicary i have an 8800 gtx superclocked and my cpu is overclocked to 2 ghz XD and i can max out most any game except arma 2 and gta 4

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrade Laptops graphic card? Jay 9 3,769 02-08-2013, 04:11 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Is it possible to upgrade my processor? Fragma 14 2,916 01-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Deltron
  Firefox/Adobe Flashplayer (Go Upgrade!) cheeseburger 1 755 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: .:xX[ThunderStorm]Xx:.
  I can't upgrade my cpu-need help 4u111 20 4,529 10-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Last Post: υℓqυισяяα
  What Should I Upgrade on Computer Ragalshnagal 11 2,188 10-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Apparatus