Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ability to give Negative or Neutral Rep for 500+ Posts
I actually agree with the suggestion.
[Image: derialsig.png]
Kore Wa Tabidatsu Kimi He Suketu Mieru Utsurona Me
How about just the ability to give more reputation after a certain number of posts, right now everything is set to 1 unless you're a mod which makes it 3, and i'm assuming Omni is set for 10 as his max (even though that's alterable for him). Maybe even at 2, or increase the number of reputation someone can give if they reach a certain number of posts. I think that's set to about 3 last time I checked.
I think it's fine how it is.

Perhaps like Ace said, and increase it to 2 at "x" amount of posts. But no neg rep.
I think it's okay to have neutral reputation, that way you can actually give your opinion on a user. If it stays positive, you can really only give a good opinion on the user, but if you have a truthful one that is real and not flaming, etc. It would look kind of dumb in green and giving them reputation.

At least give it a trial run, see how it goes. I think people on this forum are mature enough to use it responsibly. If not, staff are always here to rain on their trolling, flaming parade.
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]
This does seem quite like a good one! I Agree with you OP.
Seems like a completely reasonable suggestion to me.
The whole reason it was removed is because it's un-freakin-necessary. Why on Earth would a support forum such as this require a negative rep' system? And the removal of negative/neutral rep' was one of the best decisions for Omniscient to make in regards to the wellbeing of this website.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
I'm going to go with no. This is a support forum, i think negative reps is just going to cause fights/abuse/HF replica.
Either way theirs no real reason to negative rep anyone. We're a small community, i think we should try to be chill with each other. Not like HF where the new members aren't worthy of posting. I love SF the way it is, i just think it needs some more mods to ban trolls.
(09-14-2011, 11:27 PM)Unify Wrote: I'm going to go with no. This is a support forum, i think negative reps is just going to cause fights/abuse/HF replica.
Either way theirs no real reason to negative rep anyone. We're a small community, i think we should try to be chill with each other. Not like HF where the new members aren't worthy of posting. I love SF the way it is, i just think it needs some more mods to ban trolls.
Agree with you.
This is not HF guys.!

I have no plans to allow negative reps on this site.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,401 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,920 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,126 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 779 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee
  Rep Patrick 4 1,055 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Injection