Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
To New Members: Why You Shouldn't Spam.
They spam in order to get a feather right ?

Yet they don't realise that if they just spam the forum with LQ threads/posts then they arent going to get the pixel award.

In my view , I think the feather award should be done away with as it just incourages people to come here and give it LQ posts.
That's been suggested plentiful times in the past however, but it's not going to happen.
(01-18-2012, 05:43 PM)Celtic Wrote: They spam in order to get a feather right ?

Yet they don't realise that if they just spam the forum with LQ threads/posts then they arent going to get the pixel award.

In my view , I think the feather award should be done away with as it just incourages people to come here and give it LQ posts.

It's been suggested so many times that it became a spam problem aswell. Omni has said enough times he's not ready to remove it yet as it's 'doing more good then bad'.
Honestly I never really understood why people spam. It wastes your time and aggravates other people.
(01-21-2012, 08:51 PM)DoX Wrote: Honestly I never really understood why people troll. It wastes your time and aggravates other people.

I've never understood why people don't read thread titles, it's not about trolling. It's about forum spamming for the SF feather. Slow down, Omni isn't thinking on removing that feather within the next 24 hours...
Yes I apologize for that. I'm just so used to refereeing to trolling and not spamming. Hackforums habit. Sorry I have corrected my post.
(01-21-2012, 08:51 PM)DoX Wrote: Honestly I never really understood why people spam. It wastes your time and aggravates other people.
I see what you did there. Editing your post like that. Ninja
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(09-12-2011, 05:13 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Even if it effects one person, then that's one less spammer, right? I didn't expect it to solve the spamming problem, but at least reduce it by a minute amount.

I had some free time on my hands so I made this, I added in the "Spam = Ban = No support feather" because that's what they come for, so that should hopefully effect at least some of them.

Lol, the new member MDSN is spamming in The Welcome Area, not realising that his post count isn't going up! Roflmao
(01-18-2012, 05:43 PM)Celtic Wrote: They spam in order to get a feather right ?

Yeah, but you still have a possibility to get denied. It happened to Yellows. Omni probably skims through the person who's applying history.
(01-27-2012, 05:20 PM)๖ۣۜNitrous Wrote: Yeah, but you still have a possibility to get denied. It happened to Yellows. Omni probably skims through the person who's applying history.

No, not true. He first of all got denied because he came across as a LQ member, but after seeing past his right hand side posting Sam changed his mind and went out of his way to PM Yellows and accepted him. He got banned because after everything that happened, he carried on his beef with Sam, although he tried to help him.