Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
To New Members: Why You Shouldn't Spam.
Trust me when I say this: it will effect no one.
(09-12-2011, 05:16 PM)Laugh Wrote: Trust me when I say this: it will effect no one.

Hopefully it will, it may not. But why not try?
Honestly, this should be a sticky! This a great post and deserves to be read by everyone. VERY helpful. Nice post!
True, as long as it effects anyone who reads this thread. People should not be spamming for the feather, but use it for motivation so too speak at least to me. Lucky I saw it on my first post or two lol.
[Image: blazin.gif]
You know the least Omni could do with this instead of having to ban all members is to post an announcement or send a PM to all new registrants on the forum, warning them that they are not to spam for the feather award. How simple would that be? It's getting pretty ridiculous now, Today's posts had accumulated 8 new pages of new posts in threads since I visited from yesterday, I just logged off the forum for 4 hours today, and 4 new pages of spam accumulated. (The majority of posts anyway; probably around 95% since I read them all, and only 2, 3, or maybe 4 posts were decent)
(09-15-2011, 10:50 PM)Ace Wrote: You know the least Omni could do with this instead of having to ban all members is to post an announcement or send a PM to all new registrants on the forum, warning them that they are not to spam for the feather award. How simple would that be? It's getting pretty ridiculous now, Today's posts had accumulated 8 new pages of new posts in threads since I visited from yesterday, I just logged off the forum for 4 hours today, and 4 new pages of spam accumulated. (The majority of posts anyway; probably around 95% since I read them all, and only 2, 3, or maybe 4 posts were decent)

That would help also, people don't realize that in order to get the supoport feather, the posts have to be HQ nd no spamming. It seems Omni actually finally did something for the forum and promoted Fragma, congratulations to him.
(09-16-2011, 07:18 AM)BreShiE Wrote: That would help also, people don't realize that in order to get the supoport feather, the posts have to be HQ nd no spamming. It seems Omni actually finally did something for the forum and promoted Fragma, congratulations to him.

lol he promoted Sam before when we wanted something done too, but i'm still waiting for him to do something, or let Solidus do something
(09-03-2011, 09:30 AM)bateyy Wrote: Very nice post.

But 90% of trolls won't read this.

Well, that's true. I'm here for the feather, but like OP said, this forum is pretty good.

It's an all-round forum and I like that. I might stay when I'm done Smile
I would agree with you on this one. But not everyone from HF is just trying to get the 100 posts. I'm not going to lie, I came here to get the support feather and I still want it. But just because I want it doesn't mean that I'm just going to spam my way to 100 LQ posts. I guess what I'm trying to say is that just because a member wants the support feather doesn't mean they're LQ. I'm still going to be here long after I get the support feather.
[Image: swaganomics.png]
as for me... I don't care about forum titles, any of the gimmacks. I just want to socialize and help others when I can with tech topics or anything else I wanna help them with. I don't care about ranks, trophies, or any of that. I've been on forums where they don't even display post counts, ranks, or even reg dates.