Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfenstein! FPS of the Year!
(10-27-2009, 08:19 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: System requirements: Microsoft® Windows XP® or Windows Vista® (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported) Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 3400+ processor 1GB RAM, 256MB NVIDIA Geforce 6800 or Radeon X800 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card, 8GB Space. Thanks to Wiki.

God, there's no way my processor can support that.

@Nevets,
That's the original game. We're talking about this one.

Haha, oops. didn't even know there were more, I played enemy territory about 3 or 4 years ago.
Yeah, I was thinking about the old old Wolfenstein that everyone would play on Xbox Live. I remember ~4 years ago, my entire friends list played that game while I was playing Counter Strike (on the Xbox).
(10-27-2009, 08:22 PM)Extasey Wrote: Ahh, my computer could take that... pretty easily actually. Thanks!

Actually, reminds me a little of fallout 3. Think i'll miss this one.

Wait! So you aren't going to play it because it reminds of of Fallout 3!?!?! OUCH! I think that may have hit me in the heart; right where there is a special place that will always be there for Fallout 3.

Although nopers, this is not like FA3 so much... I mean there are "upgrades" but it is a very small part of the game, where you go to a black market dealer and upgrade your guns and your little supernatural people-pwner.

And it is definitely 10 times more linear than FA3. Although after about an hour of playing, it makes you think you are about to start playing a GTA-Esque Sandbox game -- About an hour after that it reassures you that it has a line (although not entirely straight) from beginning to end.

I've been playing for about 4 hours total so far. Lovinggg ittt =)

Its nice to be able to press 1 and superhumanspeed your way into the middle of a crowd of 20 Nazis, and then press 4 and watch them all disintegrate in slow motion. Very cool. But that is only one of the many many many ways to kill a group of 20 Nazis, I actually prefer my severely upgraded "Kar98" with a silencer and a nice scope, picking as many off until you get detected, then throwing one of those awesome nazi grenade-stick things at the rest ;)

(10-27-2009, 08:31 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: Yeah, I was thinking about the old old Wolfenstein that everyone would play on Xbox Live. I remember ~4 years ago, my entire friends list played that game while I was playing Counter Strike (on the Xbox).

Lol, I loved the original Wolfenstein; that's why I was immediately attracted to this game.

It obviously blows the original away, but I must say -- it is only similar in the fact that there is "something fishy" going on in Nazi Germany (occult super power type of fishy) that normally did not occur. To the general public's knowledge at least ;)

Blackhat
[Image: heretician.png]

AIM - c90tre
MSN - onealns@email.uc.edu
You see, thats why I don't like fallout 3! I would rather a game where the storyline is presented to you without a ridiculous amount of travelling and searching for quests.
Halo is right up my alley, just because its a little "less serious" then the other games on the market such as fallout 3 and Far Cry... its much more easy to much around, and theres lots of pretty colours to keep me entertained.
The linear part is what turned me off it! I never actually got around to finishing Far Cry or assassins creed because I got sick of walking around looking for my next job!
It is okey,but I think is a little old.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FPS] Ex #6 worldwide on Killzone 3. In the best clan in Killzone2 best FPS 09 Vexna 12 1,916 08-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Vexna
  How good do you consider yourself in FPS games? Jadsta 13 2,068 03-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Bigandrewgold
  Any Good Free FPS? zShotS 4 567 08-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Extensity
  How can I get higher FPS in Borderlands? nevets04 4 2,412 12-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Last Post: nevets04
  FPS? Socrates 10 1,456 10-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Omniscient