Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GFXForums Background Image
I might as well share my latest graphic piece. I did this in a few minutes while I was fooling around in photoshop with a different idea I had, and that G just happened to give me the idea of GFX, which lead me to the title of GFXForums lol.

Maybe Solidus will come across this and give some feedback too. I created this in background size, so someone could probably use it as a background.

[Image: izJ9cyUz.png]
Prety good, nice and simple.

Inventor1
You created this in a couple of minutes? :O
Your good. Would have taken me at least an hour to do something like that.
That's pretty nice and simple. How long did it take you to make?
[Image: X55I7.png]
(08-24-2011, 03:45 PM)Napalm™ Wrote: That's pretty nice and simple. How long did it take you to make?

He said in the OP a few minutes, which is quite remarkable.
This took me (I'm not going to go too low with my estimate here*)... Maybe 8-10 minutes. It's pretty simple. I made a radial gradient with nice luxury colors, bolded the text, used the rectangular marquee to cut out that square in the bottom of the "G" to fit the "FX". Made another text layer for "Forums" and resized it. Made a slight dropshadow on the text, and changed it's color to a dark gray so that it blends in with the background a bit more (as opposed to bold black). Created the reflection by duplicating the layer, and transforming it vertically (flip). Change opacity of the reflection image down to around 10% and applied a gradient (Linear) mask over it to get a reflection appearance, then I went back over the mask with a light radial gradient to make the center a bit more transparent (to make it more of an arc reflection). Created another layer, and used the pentool to get a nice curve over the text. Selected the text layer and deleted the excess of that layer before changing it's opacity down to around 5-10% to get a nice shine on the main text. Done.

See simple things can look good, but if you have a good set of professional colors it can look even better.
What font did you use? It looks good bro.
Coder | Skype: EleganceHF | AIM: Chief
My PSD says I used "Khmer UI" for the text. I used another to begin with but it didn't look as good as this font when I tried it out. I keep all my fonts in a "Temp" folder in my PSD for later use in case I need to use the font again. A font layer will show you what the font is, and with having part of that G cut out you can't really have a text layer without rasterizing it, loosing that font name, unless you cut out part of the text by using a mask.
This looks nice and simple, Good job ...Ace ;)
Jebus that's a big picture should spoiler it.
And i think it's nice for what time you did it in.
Plain but nice.
[Image: vc4mG.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PS TUT] Cool background Untouch 42 15,308 12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Last Post: U_!!v!!_N
  Skull Candy - Background/Wallpaper Fragma 22 3,580 12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Professor Oak
  A Support Forums Background Peter L 16 2,429 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Detroit
  Background edit Chelloa 6 1,115 09-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Fragma