Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Merchants [NOW RECRUITING]
Name: alabama
Skills: Monetizing
Previous Experience: Linkbux, swagbucks, sharecash, fileice
Why do you want to join the Merchants?: To learn new monetizing methods
How long are you on the computer daily on average?: 13 hours
Would you be willing to stay active and contribute in the Marketplace and monetizing forums?: Yes
[Image: 2.png]
Name: ScripT
Skills: Making money, Monetizing, marketing.
Previous Experience: Made a hundred with SC, fileice.
Why do you want to join the Merchants?: so i can share my knowledge with the members and learn some new methods.
How long are you on the computer daily on average?: A few hours
Would you be willing to stay active and contribute in the Marketplace and monetizing forums?: yes
[Image: 03bD3.png]
(08-25-2011, 09:02 AM)Ace Wrote: There is no rule stating you can't create an unofficial group though. Omniscient and I discussed it and he said it is alright.

All groups are unofficial in this area until they become real groups on the UserCP anyway. Why don't we just let everyone on the forum create groups then? Could you imagine how chaotic this area of the forum would be if we did that? That's why there's a requirement in place.
[/quote]

So you are saying that Omniscient does not know how to handle official and unofficial group creations because he created the rules allowing make this? I just want to fully understand what you are trying to say.

(08-30-2011, 07:33 PM)alabama Wrote: Name: alabama
Skills: Monetizing
Previous Experience: Linkbux, swagbucks, sharecash, fileice
Why do you want to join the Merchants?: To learn new monetizing methods
How long are you on the computer daily on average?: 13 hours
Would you be willing to stay active and contribute in the Marketplace and monetizing forums?: Yes

Welcome!

(08-31-2011, 02:36 PM)ScripT Wrote: Name: ScripT
Skills: Making money, Monetizing, marketing.
Previous Experience: Made a hundred with SC, fileice.
Why do you want to join the Merchants?: so i can share my knowledge with the members and learn some new methods.
How long are you on the computer daily on average?: A few hours
Would you be willing to stay active and contribute in the Marketplace and monetizing forums?: yes

Welcome!
Quote:So you are saying that Omniscient does not know how to handle official and unofficial group creations because he created the rules allowing make this? I just want to fully understand what you are trying to say.

You are way out of sync to the way his forum rules were really set up for group creations. If you could not read the original group guidelines then I feel sorry for you. I just hop you actually took the time to read the actual forum rules as something to mention.

His was of handling official and unofficial groups was based upon members who had 500 posts and created a thread in this section with those requirements.

Look at this since you haven't I'm assuming:
Quote:To start a usergroup here on SF you must create a new application thread. Any leaders or group starters must have at least 500 posts. For a group to be accepted you must have 10 members willing to be part of your group and those 10 members each must have 50 or more posts. Once your group is created and active leaders can allow or deny any members they wish. After you have met all requirements send me a PM with a link to your thread with subject "Group Application".

... Now lets take a closer look. In the very second sentence of his important thread for group creation guidelines, here it is, in red for you:
Quote:Any leaders or group starters must have at least 500 posts

Now lets look at the requirements for getting a group accepted which you just take for granted:
Quote:For a group to be accepted you must have 10 members willing to be part of your group and those 10 members each must have 50 or more posts

Now lets look at the final bit:
Quote:After you have met all requirements send me a PM with a link to your thread with subject "Group Application".

Now hopefully you can understand what i'm trying to say. Even if you reach 10 members and PM him it's definitely not a guarantee that he'll make your group official.
Quote:
Omniscient Wrote:
Chocothunda Wrote:
Omniscient Wrote:
Chocothunda Wrote:Though I don't meet the 500 post requirement to become an official group leader, can I start an unofficial group and start hosting events for it without being official and having our own userbar?

Yes that should be fine.

Mind if I quote this PM in my Unofficial Group thread. I don't think the members have a full understanding on the rules for creating unofficial groups. 500 posts is only for official group leaders right?

Correct.
Quote:I don't think the members have a full understanding on the rules for creating unofficial groups. 500 posts is only for official group leaders right?

Well he didn't have the time to notify his moderators of this then, or clear it up within his group recruitment thread because threads like this have been closed in the past for the reason that the OP didn't have 500 posts.

You're argument is completely invalid here. Even members with 500 posts don't get their group official; (haven't for more than 7 months on this forum actually).

I will point out what my literary skills tell me though: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=11832
Quote:Any leaders or group starters must have at least 500 posts

Now please tell me how I can be accused for being wrong when I, along with most of the other members on this forum would assume that means no group starting (creating starter threads) until you have 500 posts.

Omni won't mention anything to you though because he has better things to do than create official groups here to manage from what he's said in the past.
I'm not creating an official group. This group is unofficial and I have no intention of making it official. The PM there showed that Omniscient allowed me to create this. He fully understood what I meant and if you want to argue more take it up with Omni. You're being dumb.
(09-06-2011, 08:30 PM)Chocothunda Wrote: I'm not creating an official group. This group is unofficial and I have no intention of making it official. The PM there showed that Omniscient allowed me to create this. He fully understood what I meant and if you want to argue more take it up with Omni. You're being dumb.

How so? I'm trying to teach you how to read here, and I am being dumb?... I'm telling you that Omni doesn't bother much with things like this. He could say yes or no and it doesn't mean much in terms of what he set up for the forum. Not only would it seem that I have to teach you how to read what he originally wrote as opposed to what he told you in a PM that I never seen, you only quoted, but i'm finding myself having to try and teach you how to read my posts themselves so that you get what i'm trying to tell you, which is really frustrating.

How do you know he fully understood what you meant? He replied to you with less than 10 words in 2 PM's. For all you know he could have had to go within the 10 minutes from the initial time that he read your post, or he had something better to do and focus on. He does come around a lot and say that he's a busy man. Especially with HF, and SF is only maybe 10-20% of his focus being that he runs the MyBB forum community as well.

If you're not trying to make an official group and you have no intention of making it official then why would you have a group userbar displayed in the first post? I don't understand that. You don't have to hide behind words trying to defend yourself in a discussion that you can't seem to comprehend. All i'm saying is that I've read what he originally wrote, which does guarantee that this would be against the guidelines, but what he told you in PM doesn't say a whole lot because he hasn't created an official group for over 7 months, which could be used as a reason to why he blatantly allowed you to do this from a PM you've sent him, but it doesn't mean that it's based on the rules he initially wrote up in a thread he created a while ago for group creation requirement information.

Don't take this post the wrong way, but I raise a valid argument. I've seen the changes in the forum and the way it's been run for quite a while.
I suggest removing the post, you've broke two main rules of the groups:

You must have 500 posts to start a group
People who join must have atleast 100 posts.
(09-07-2011, 08:23 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I suggest removing the post, you've broke two main rules of the groups:

You must have 500 posts to start a group
People who join must have atleast 100 posts.

Actually it's a 50 post requirement lol not 100

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=11832

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Youtube Crew - Now Recruiting Thomas 22 6,400 01-18-2020, 04:02 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  OnlineGamers [Now Recruiting] NekoChan 192 52,285 12-24-2019, 03:23 AM
Last Post: pearl
  Geek Squad | New Leader | Now Recruiting D3xus 63 20,305 12-27-2016, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Hosting.
  Pet Lovers [Recruiting!] Reality 37 15,258 12-27-2016, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Hosting.