Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song Writing
When you write songs, where do you get your inspiration? Or do you just come up with a theme and go with it? Usually I get inspired just walking around because I will get some random lyrics or a beat that I can work with.
Godd luck with your song broski
[Image: 4horsemen.gif?w=584]
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone.
Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone
Thanks alot man, I have a few things in the works.
[Image: iT0AY.png]
I usually listen to other music or think about things.
[Image: 0xWVt.png]
Well if you want to get an inspiration to a song you have to be in nature or something, nature is the best inspiration I guess.
(08-18-2011, 06:44 PM)Mono Wrote: When you write songs, where do you get your inspiration? Or do you just come up with a theme and go with it? Usually I get inspired just walking around because I will get some random lyrics or a beat that I can work with.

After being a songwriter, you generally start making up things in your head based on things you see, hear, etc... It becomes a subconscious habit after a while that you don't even notice, and the melodies or lyrics just start flowing.

For me, it's sounds and melodies, I don't do lyrics, but I get ideas from hearing other songs, you start to create your own style within something and after a while it starts to expand and you start getting your own ideas.
it just comes to me to be honest
[Image: lovelife.png]
This might sound really stupid, but when ever i get really angry or pumped up in any type of way, i tend to just sit there and freestyle in my head. I never write anything down because i know i cant rap or freestyle. I dont have the voice or attitude for it. I tend to think i come up with some nice lyrics though. the content is there, the flow is decent. I would suggest looking for inspiration anywhere you can and always writing everything down.
I've never written lyrics, but I'm a drummer myself and whenever I write little licks and whatnot, I take inspiration from my favorite artists.
Nature is my topic and it inspires me to write something about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing Prompt: On An Island Eternal. 2 1,076 10-15-2016, 03:18 AM
Last Post: thomasf2220
  Writing stories in english Bat Wang 4 1,565 07-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  writing a book mamba11111 5 1,327 07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  Creative writing class? Herbal 5 1,695 11-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ElizabethLopez
  Descriptive Writing CoughSyrup 3 1,142 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Dubai