Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to stream media from your PC to Xbox 360 with TVersity
Ok, first you will need a program called TVersity. Obviously you need to have your PC and your Xbox 360 connected to your network. You can get it here, it's freeware. http://www.tversity.com/
Next you will need to configure the settings of TVersity.

Click on Settings when opening TVersity

Choose "General"

Change Media Playback Device to "Auto Detect"

Leave everything else on that the way it is

Choose "Transcoder"

Click on Transcode only when needed

Then choose the proper Resolution of your Monitor/TV for Video/Images

Click DirectShow for Windows Encoding and choose Windows Media Video 9

For optimization choose quality

Choose your connection type (I chose Wireless G 54Mbps, because my PC is wired but my Xbox is wireless)

Compression: Choose Average

Choose Decode Media as fast as possible

Save settings at bottom of screen

Next click on Library at top of window

Click on "Add Item"

Click advanced, and make sure all three boxes are checked and Transcode when needed is checked.

Browse for your media folder(s) and submit

Wait until the spinney circle is done and look at icon in task bar and if its blue then you're streaming, if not go back to Settings > General and Start Sharing

Go to your Xbox 360 and hit the Video, Music or Image/Photo tab and choose TVersity on PC option and find what you want in the folder "All"

Tutorial was written by me SuperBorn. Do not use elsewhere without consent from me.
[Image: zbacklash11.png]
Seems pretty pointless, just connect your computer to your TV and you're fine Oui
well, usually people who don't like something just ignore it.... but you could do that too... Glare
Good post, I actually set this up once, then found it easier to put it on a pendrive and watch it from that instead.
Quote:Good post, I actually set this up once, then found it easier to put it on a pendrive and watch it from that instead.

That means the media file has to be less than 4gb, because the xbox will only read off a Fat32 formatted drive, which standard allocation sets each file to no more than 4gb.
(10-05-2009, 03:28 PM)SuperBorn Wrote: That means the media file has to be less than 4gb, because the xbox will only read off a Fat32 formatted drive, which standard allocation sets each file to no more than 4gb.
Well thats not correct I use my 8gb in my xbox, anyway to steam something over 4gb to your xbox will have lag unless your network is wired.
Have you ever steamed anything over 4gb to your xbox?
(10-05-2009, 03:30 PM)SMITHY558 Wrote:
(10-05-2009, 03:28 PM)SuperBorn Wrote: That means the media file has to be less than 4gb, because the xbox will only read off a Fat32 formatted drive, which standard allocation sets each file to no more than 4gb.
Well thats not correct I use my 8gb in my xbox, anyway to steam something over 4gb to your xbox will have lag unless your network is wired.

I have and it doesn't lag at all. But really fat32 partitioning is 4gb.
The only reason I might want this is because my computer does not support HD but my TV and xbox 360 does, helpful anyway.
(10-05-2009, 03:32 PM)SuperBorn Wrote: Well thats not correct I use my 8gb in my xbox, anyway to steam something over 4gb to your xbox will have lag unless your network is wired.

I have and it doesn't lag at all. But really fat32 partitioning is 4gb.
[/quote]
Yea when i set it up i was wireless on PC and wired xbox but there was slight lag with the buffering every now and again, also just checked pendrive: its FAT32 showing 7.51 GB and works in xbox, i thought it was 32gb max on FAT32, i'm going to check now.

EDIT: "With the appearance of the FAT32 file system, the maximum number of clusters per partition went increased from 65535 to 268,435,455 (228-1). FAT32 thus allows much bigger partitions (up to 8 terabytes). Although the maximum theoretical size of a FAT32 partition is 8 TB, Microsoft has voluntarily limited it to 32 GB on Windows 9x systems to promote NTFS (ref: http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...;en;184006)."
Quoted from http://en.kioskea.net/contents/repar/fat32.php3
That's interesting.... but I will look into this later i'm curious.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Here Using Virgin Media UK? Win 17 3,889 12-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Last Post: dan08