Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Coding A Downloader?
I'm in need of some help coding an .SWF downloader.

Basically all I want is for somebody to be able to enter the .SWF URL, and then download the file directly onto their computer.

Am I being completely dumb? Or is this actually difficult to do?
This is very easy to do Fragma lol, do you want a code? Or guidance in the right direction (hints). I've written one up that will download the file in chunks (bytes) at a time (variable setting) so that the app doesn't hang up and freeze if you're downloading huge files.

Most people would suggest webbrowsers, with a hidden view, but I think that's pretty silly... Go with webrequests.
Never mind I was being completely stupid. Too much computer lately I think lol... It's muddling up my brain. Big Grin
Got it sorted now using WebClient, which for some reason didn't even occur to me at first lmao... Embarrassing but oh well.
(08-16-2011, 12:28 PM)Skream Wrote: Never mind I was being completely stupid. Too much computer lately I think lol... It's muddling up my brain. Big Grin
Got it sorted now using WebClient, which for some reason didn't even occur to me at first lmao... Embarrassing but oh well.

Try downloading a large file and see if it hangs up or not with the code you have now, if it does, you can try multi-threading, and if it's still slow, then you could try my method with multi-threading
Yeh it was a bit slow so I ran it through a BackgroundWorker.
If you are trying to emulate/load it in your VB form, you can use the Shockwave Flash component. As long as the computer running your program has internet, it can use the direct link of the .swf as an embed in your VB form.
(08-17-2011, 01:19 AM)Blic Wrote: If you are trying to emulate/load it in your VB form, you can use the Shockwave Flash component. As long as the computer running your program has internet, it can use the direct link of the .swf as an embed in your VB form.

He wanted a downloader, not a video player or a flash player.
Which programming language do you want help in?
C#, or Visual Basic?
He already got it sorted out: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid232076
Try searching on youtube, May have a chance on there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [VB.Net] YouTube Video Downloader BlackSpider 18 19,145 10-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Last Post: DotNetDevil
  [Preview/] YouTube Downloader and Converter full FFMPEG, Massive conversion list 2012 FizzyMentos 3 2,041 02-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane
  Help with coding jerrojack 1 751 12-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [TUT]$hareCash Downloader[NEW] Prominent 41 10,787 10-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Genuine
  Coding-Central.net - Coding, cracking and webmastering. w00pz 5 2,027 09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity