Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You Are Aloud To Get On Facebook at School Now!
Well, I just moved into the High School, and we have new computers.
I was messing around, and went to SF, and I could get on.. so I tried facebook, and it also worked. So I did the right thing and told the teacher, and she said that if it wasn't blocked, we could get on.

So now I am on SF and Facebook(:
[Image: sighype.gif]
That is very odd for a school. I remember when I was in high-school, we had a great proxy hosted at the server that all traffic went through. Easy enough to bypass (with another proxy or a VPN, or even changing the poxy url from the server on the LAN to another one) but gave the average joe a run for their money.
I bet they change that soon, so I'd enjoy it while it lasts.
As said above.. I remember when I needed a proxy to use anything other than google lmao. Since school just started up for the majority of people, I think there going to change it back as they were prob just preforming maintenance over the summer or something. If not wow o.O schools sure have changed lol
[Image: komnewsig.png]
Facebook has never been blocked in our Highschools (Canada), but gaming websites etc. are blocked.
[Image: newsigcarbidenoborder.png]
(08-16-2011, 11:53 AM)Carbide Wrote: Facebook has never been blocked in our Highschools (Canada), but gaming websites etc. are blocked.

Really? I remember 3 years ago I was in grade 12... facebook was blocked o.O lol Along with gaming sites and such...
In Canada? Well here in BC at least since I was in gr 9 it wasn't blocked.

So for last 3 years it has for me.

Maybe they started it after you grad'd?
[Image: newsigcarbidenoborder.png]
Quite possibly, but I remember needing to be on a proxy like ultrasurf to get on lol =p
I remember my high-school days of ninja-surfing lol. All the kids in my A+ Computer Operating Systems and Hardware and my Cisco Networking class thought I was a genuis (it was just a high-school class so not that great of a class, just okay). I booted the Mac's into Single User mode and enabled the root account, logged in as root, and sat a VPN up (using the tutorial I posted about VPN's and Linux). So I never required a "proxy", and they thought I had full access and wasn't blocked =p

Fun times. Also, my Senior year, the school put wireless routers throughout the building, but when you connected you couldn't browse. I found out thought that you could check your email with Thunderbird, so I thought, "Maybe they're just blocking port 80 and 8080's services..."
I was right. So, once again, VPN to the rescue lol.
This is probably because they are new computers. Your teacher will eventually ban everything that is fun.
Facebook is blocked at my school, but you can get on YouTube and some other sites.
[Image: 0xWVt.png]