Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change a flat tire [Full Tut]
Hey, this is a pretty basic tut, most people know how to do this, just thought i would help

This is my tutorial on how to change a tire in emergencies

Steps:

1. The first thing you need to do, is get your jack. Most cars come with one. If you are unable to find the location of your jack, some common places to look are: Behind your seat, under a "trap door". Or it may be under your seat. Now thoes are the only locations i have ever seen manufactures put jacks, but i'm sure there is an exception.

2. After you have your jack, look under your vehicle for a sturdy cross-member, for thoes of you who don't know what that means. It's simply a solid bar, or place that won't move or crush upon the weight of your vehicle. Places NOT to put it are as follows: your rear differential, your oil pan, your suspension, your drive line (RWD vehicles) There are other places, but it varies per vehicle. Just use common sense.

3. Once you have found a safe place to put your jack, start to slowly jack up your vehicle. Try to watch the top of the jack, make sure it isn't moving. But don't put yourself in a compromising position (under the vehicle)

4. Once your vehicle is jacked up, grab your tire iron, use the head that fits you lug nuts, you may need to stand up and get some leverage to loosen them. Try not to move your vehicle, as it may fall off the jack and hurt you.

4. Once you have your lug nuts off, pull your tire and wheel off, and replace it with your spare.

5. Once you have your spare tire resting on the lug bolts, place a lug nut on the top bolt, hand tighten it. You can then place the other lug nuts on the other bolts and hand tighten them. once they are hand tightened, take your tire iron, and tighten them almost as tight as you can. (if your fairly weak, as tight as you can) it's just that most people can tighten them past the torque rating and warp your breaks on the ride home.

Sorry this was a dumb tutorial, i'm just really bored and no one ever gives me any suggestions on what tutorials to make. So feel free. Please.

I hope this helped in some way.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
A good idea to put the car in gear and handbrake on also.
I would also recommend chocking the tires with a brick or something similar.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-24-2009, 05:32 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: A good idea to put the car in gear and handbrake on also.
I would also recommend chocking the tires with a brick or something similar.

I always just assumed the park brake was common sense. And i have never found a need to block the tires when you are jacking up one corner of a car two inches. But thatnk for the input.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove oil from your radiator! [Full tut] ktmrider530 9 13,329 02-19-2012, 03:31 AM
Last Post: ktmrider530
  Tire size calculator - Message if you need help! CinNAMon 0 593 05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: CinNAMon
  How to change your fuel pump [Full Tut] ktmrider530 10 2,308 04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Navineous
  How to install a lift kit.[Full Tut] ktmrider530 19 4,391 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Last Post: WMM
  How to change tranny fulid on FWD Auto.[Full tut] ktmrider530 5 1,208 11-24-2009, 05:17 AM
Last Post: B@nNeD