Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Best Anti-Virus?
I personally use Avast free or Avira free, There as good as the premium versions.

Eset is a great scanner as well =).
[Image: komnewsig.png]
If u wanna spend some money Malewarbyte is excellent for real time scan. If u r looking for free AVAST is reliable, they also provide u 1 yr registration key.
(08-13-2011, 03:55 AM)Scream Wrote: We all know that Norton sucks..
You should try with Avast antivirus, that's what i use, and i think it's awesome Smile

Where are you finding these statistics? Norton is one of the best as of 2011 up there with Kaspersky and Bitdefender. The tests were only done around 1-2 months ago. You'd need to have actually tried Norton 360 2010, or 2011.

And Avast is a huge culprit for a lot of BSOD's

(08-13-2011, 06:07 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: Ugh, I hate norton. It is the most intrusive av. It deletes stuff and then it won't let you restore it! Anyways, if you want excellent 'real time' detection then I would go with NOD32.

You just need to learn how to set Norton up. It gives you full control to do that in it's config area for auto-protection, whereas most AV's don't. You can block filepaths, file extensions, etc... The network rules are also completely configurable in Norton.

NOD32 generates more False positives than any other scanner in it's rank, which is where the belief that it's a "Good" scanner came from. Personally I'm not going to support an AV database that just lists anything they can to keep your PC secure. Knowledgable people will get you farther eventually in the AV world, than a team that just add's every malicious and potentially malicious entry they can to block it out. Might work, but it's a really bad method for system protection in my personal opinion
(08-13-2011, 11:59 AM)Prominent Wrote: You could try avast or AVG . They both work perfectly for me .

AVG barely blocks any of the newer malicious activity out there though. I've even proven it with a test file once, which was noted to me by another member here. It just seems to be lacking to be considered a good AV. Free version or not, it's still the same detection, they aren't going to decide that "you get this amount of what this program can block if you use the free version and this much if you pay for the full version". It completely missed a couple files from a quick test I did a while back, and MSE was even better from what I seen.
Use ESET NOD32 or kapersky. They're the best ones out!
You should get Comodo internet security and Malware byet's anti malware.. I am using these from about 6 months and i am happy Smile i didn't got a single infection till now.
Don't try to act smart... i am smarter than you...Ninja
Avast is good. Simple and does everything.
Avira is the best Anti-Virus in my opinion. It is the hardest to get bypassed from crypters.
Get Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) It's the best and most efficient. It uses up the least CPU of any others, making it speed up your computer.
[Image: 2.png]
(08-30-2011, 07:09 PM)alabama Wrote: Get Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) It's the best and most efficient. It uses up the least CPU of any others, making it speed up your computer.

Technically it would still slow it down more than not having one. But I do think it is important to have a light AV.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
(08-31-2011, 10:39 AM)Xzotic Wrote: Technically it would still slow it down more than not having one. But I do think it is important to have a light AV.

Unless you have the CPU and RAM to spare lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think I have a virus Swaganomics 13 3,758 09-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Swaganomics